Picked up a nifty fifty

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

One1
Noob
Noob

Picked up a nifty fifty

Post by One1 »

A guy across the street was selling his 1987 Spree and it looked to be all original and in great shape so I snatched it up from him for $175. It's fun to putt around on. :-) The clutches seem a little tight as it dies coming to a stop and will pull forward without throttle, but it could just be the idle speed I suppose. Anyway here is a few pics. I know I got a nice deal on it, but what is it actually worth? I was guessing $300 or so depending on the region.

1987 Honda Spree
2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
One1
Noob
Noob

Re: Picked up a nifty fifty

Post by One1 »

My daily rider is a 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

1987 Honda Spree
2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Your picture of the tenn mountains made me think of my kaw in the Rockies. This was at around 10k feet in pike park open space colorado.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Nice spree and Vulcan!
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

That spree is a nice find. Everything looks great especially the carpet on the deck.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Dude I know why its boggy and revs on its own. Its missing the rear fender with the air box. You need at least a 75 or 80 main jet for that to work without siezing it up real bad if you want to run it without the airbox. Also one of those pics where you can see the oil tank it looks empty, did you fill the oil tank or are you running it on premix? The oil pump won't like being run dry I'd make sure its working.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

My spree that I thought was complete doesn't have carpet. Dang I need carpet, his is in way nicer condition all around than mine also. I have the stock air box/ fender if you need one. I won't be using mine. You Pay shipping via Paypal it's yours.
One1
Noob
Noob

Post by One1 »

The airbox was off for the pics as I was going through it. It is on now. :) the airbox top is damaged though and I could use that part. It's on premix. I am a longtime member on 49cc, scootdoc, itr, etc.... Though I only really post on 49cc. I had a geely 50 with a 97cc yamaha 152fm block for the last few yrs an sold it last fall. :) It's a little lean, I'll give it some love. It's in good shape to be nearly 30 yrs old.
1987 Honda Spree
2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Ill check mine when I get back and make sure its in great shape. Hate to send you a part with the same problem. Send me your address in a pm and Ill get a shipping quote for you.
donut
Elite
Elite

Post by donut »

Very nice, even in your neck of the woods, worth double...
Hmmm thought '87s had a glovebox...guess not
'86 Aero 50 (NB50)

'01 Yamaha Jog Nextzone
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Mine doesn't have a glove box basket thing either. Man I need to accesorize my spree.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Looks to be perfect but dirty as a 27 year old part would look. I can get you a quote on shipping later on and get it shipped out when I ship the other guys exhaust out. Just PM me when you get time.
One1
Noob
Noob

Post by One1 »

Thats very nice of you. If you would be willing to send the airbox cover alone it should be $2.80 standard post or $5.85 prioity shipping. I just need to find a paypal account user to send it to you. Thank you for your offer :). I also have to find an air filter. The one i have is completely useless. Then all it will need are mirrors. :-) they are gone and i hate not being able to see behind me when i can only go 25.

On the glovebox, i was sure the 87 had it as well so it is either the first run of the 87 or i dont have an explanation.
1987 Honda Spree
2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 750