The PTSG official AF18e spree dio build thread

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Re: The PTSG official AF18e spree dio build thread

Post by deuce217 »

Wow, that is hot! Looks great man, love the teal. The pipe puts it over the top, which is where it should be.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Post by Red Eft Performance »

Very nice! The color is excellent!
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Both of my sprees are that colour. Canada only color for 84 :-)
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

WOW! look at that bad a** spree.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

Nice real nice :-) I love them pipes i think im gonna have to get one for my next build .Im thinking it needs to come down about a inch in the rear .
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

graphite9 wrote:Glad to see you got her dialed! You made short work out of it. I haven't seen a single spree that color in oregon. looks great :smile:
I had it dialed in or so o thought, I have to pull the carb I think the float or float valve is sticking or is are stuck. It just doesnt want to revup right and it wants to cough and sputter once in a while. And it used a half tank of fuel in only a mile or 2. Its behaving uber rich no matter how I jet it. Im pretty confident its nothing too difficult. It won't rev any better if I hand choke it or turn the choke on. The temps are also really low. So I'm sure I can fix it. It worked awesome right after I had put in a new plug and plug was wet so all signs point to rich. And reeds are still fine. I have the spare 21mm carb for so I'm good if I need a part for now. Can't wait its so much fun. It goes 30mph at basically idle :-)
84 Spree stock
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

paulpauly7 wrote:Nice real nice :-) I love them pipes i think im gonna have to get one for my next build .Im thinking it needs to come down about a inch in the rear .
I can totally drop it an inch I can just drill another hole in my shock relocation bracket its 3" wide plate and its near the edge of it :-)
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

graphite9 wrote:
patthesoundguy wrote:
graphite9 wrote:Glad to see you got her dialed! You made short work out of it. I haven't seen a single spree that color in oregon. looks great :smile:
I had it dialed in or so o thought, I have to pull the carb I think the float or float valve is sticking or is are stuck. It just doesnt want to revup right and it wants to cough and sputter once in a while. And it used a half tank of fuel in only a mile or 2. Its behaving uber rich no matter how I jet it. Im pretty confident its nothing too difficult. It won't rev any better if I hand choke it or turn the choke on. The temps are also really low. So I'm sure I can fix it. It worked awesome right after I had put in a new plug and plug was wet so all signs point to rich. And reeds are still fine. I have the spare 21mm carb for so I'm good if I need a part for now. Can't wait its so much fun. It goes 30mph at basically idle :-)

Since you bought that carb used, the floats could be way off. Not sure of your elevation, but your jetting and needle clip are probably too fat aswell. What plug are you running?
I had a 7 in it then plopped in a 6 to see it worked ffor a bit then gross. I'm just going to pull the carb later when I get home and set the floats up proper and check it all over the needle that was in the carb was really short I'm running the longer one from the 21mm. When it ran right for a bit it had great overall curve I had great ovetal throttle response and bottom end. I had great control it wasn't too light switchy good and smooth. Love the oko carbs so simple to yank em and tune em ;-)
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Did you compare the emusification tubes between the 21 and 24? I don't know that the 21mm and 24 mix well. I could be wrong but I'd change the tubes or go back to the shorter one. You may be fighting yourself. I have little to zero experience with the 21s but have had a similar experience with wrong needle in the wrong carb. Inability to lean out regardless of jetting after swapping and it cleared right up as soon as I swapped it back and let the engine clear itself.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

having owned the us 87 model in this color for a couple years. I seriously think I had the only one that color in oregon. and have yet to see another that color in portland. kinda pains me that I even got rid of it. your bike looks great love that pipe. and glad you didnt have to cut into the plastics to much. Well done.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:having owned the us 87 model in this color for a couple years. I seriously think I had the only one that color in oregon. and have yet to see another that color in portland. kinda pains me that I even got rid of it. your bike looks great love that pipe. and glad you didnt have to cut into the plastics to much. Well done.
That panel is from my second spree so that i diddnt cry to cut and in a little. ;-)
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

LoveMyHonda wrote:Did you compare the emusification tubes between the 21 and 24? I don't know that the 21mm and 24 mix well. I could be wrong but I'd change the tubes or go back to the shorter one. You may be fighting yourself. I have little to zero experience with the 21s but have had a similar experience with wrong needle in the wrong carb. Inability to lean out regardless of jetting after swapping and it cleared right up as soon as I swapped it back and let the engine clear itself.
Hmmmmmmm I'll just pop the original needle back in that carb after I check the guts and test it. Thanks for the tip :-)
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Wholely fecal matter ;-) I got it figured out. I was missing ground for the coil. Out testing I pulled the harness to check the wiring. Crimped a ground wire on and went at least 50mph down the slight hill. Scary but fun. now back to carb tuning.
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

That little scooter rips hard and gets a lot of looks ;-)
Image especially when you pull up to a bunch of bikers.
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Time to order a bad boy rear shock for this scooter. I broke the spree shock :-(
84 Spree stock
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock