Cdn Dio - Polini Contessa BBK build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

spazz
Goped
Goped

Re: Cdn Dio - Polini Contessa BBK build

Post by spazz »

I live in Calgary, Alberta. you should come to our rally on Aug long weekend. I got a spare room you could stay in. LETS RIDE MAN!
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

spazz wrote:I live in Calgary, Alberta. you should come to our rally on Aug long weekend. I got a spare room you could stay in. LETS RIDE MAN!
Could be a possibility. We usually travel through there on holidays.
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Still waiting for the piston bearing. If I'm lucky I'll get it assembled before it gets too cold. I should be able to get as least one heat cycle in before I store it for winter!
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

The piston rod bearing came in today, so I got it all assembled! :2thumbs:
Cranked her over and volia, almost instant start! I let it idle until it was about 148F and had to shut her down as the garage was getting a bit smokey, even with the garage door open. Tomorrow, I'll open up the door and stick it's * out. (its about freezing temp now)

I have a question about the tach I installed. It's a "Hardline" brand and it has different settings for different pulses; what pulse are these Dio engines? The choices I have are as follows:
1P:1R = 1 pulse per 1 rev
1P:2R = 1 pulse per 2 revs
2P:1R = 2 pulses per 1 rev

I'm thinking that it's 1P:1R, but only because it was started and was at about 1800rpm.
Thanks in advance!
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Thanks G9!
Don't know how many heat ccyles I will get in as the temps falling and hovering around the freezing mark. Time to haul the sled out.lol
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Today after work I tried to do a heat cycle but it's just too cold out. Only got to 156f after about an hour. Before I store it,I want install the new throttle cable. I'm going strip all of the painted plastics and re paint them this winter. I'm thinking of a crazy color. Not sure what yet.
By spring,I want to have had purchased a new exhaust to compliment the 23mm polini coming in the mail from G9.
Any suggestions?
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I covered the fan shroud with a box to get mine to heat up when doing mine on my contessa.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

I'll try the "cover the fan shroud"tomorrow. I noticed the tracking also; should be here Friday or Monday.
I'll have some time to think on the exhaust as I'll be buying it in the new year. Thanks for the options. Though it looks like the Tecnigas will be my best bet.
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

I will have some custom secret pipes available soon, which will hopefully be better than all above, :naughty:
Interested in this!! :wink:
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

same are these super secret pipes gonna be super loud? still trying not to * off the neighbors at 6 in the morning.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:same are these super secret pipes gonna be super loud? still trying not to * off the neighbors at 6 in the morning.
lol!!
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

So I got home from work and in stead of a box that I don't have, I used duct tape! :happy:
In about 55min, she was up to 345F. Just finished shutting her down for the cooldown and since it is about +4C, it shouldn't take long! lol
I'll do another after that. It starting to purr like a kitten; real smooth running. I'm happy, happy! :ndance:
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

graphite9 wrote:
Rip_City_Spree wrote:same are these super secret pipes gonna be super loud? still trying not to * off the neighbors at 6 in the morning.

Not sure about sounds yet, But they are built to support 13.5k, on other bikes. They aren't made for the dio, so im modifying them to fit. High quality, bolt on, should be a killer pipe. Im going to have two separate styles built, (two brands), then dyno them both, to see which is the better performer. :rock:
When will they be ready for testing??
gperspective
BMX
BMX

Post by gperspective »

graphite9 wrote:
DeanP wrote:Today after work I tried to do a heat cycle but it's just too cold out. Only got to 156f after about an hour. Before I store it,I want install the new throttle cable. I'm going strip all of the painted plastics and re paint them this winter. I'm thinking of a crazy color. Not sure what yet.
By spring,I want to have had purchased a new exhaust to compliment the 23mm polini coming in the mail from G9.
Any suggestions?
Like ripcity said, you can cover the fan shroud, to speed up the process. I did the same. You have a few choices in pipes, from mild to wild

On the cheaper side,

PG long/short, great performance, and hard to beat, but poor quality

V8-ebay, poor/mediocre quality, middle of the road pipe, PG is a better performer

Technigas, Middle of the road pipe, chamber style, Better quality than the above. I have to mention this is the only pipe, engineered with a rubber stopper for the centerstand.

B-moon, chamber pipe, untested

Scorpion/arrow, awesome performing pipes, but loud and $$$.

I will have some custom secret pipes available soon, which will hopefully be better than all above, :naughty:

That being said, the PG's are hard to beat for the money. Just expect them to rattle over time.

Oh yeah, and I just checked your package

"Your item cleared customs in CANADA at 1:17 pm on November 5, 2014." :ndance: :ndance:
looking forward to seeing these. may get one!
Pocket Change . Scooter Club

Honda Spree . AF16E
Polini Corsa - Naraku Intake - Dellorto 21mm PHBG - Malossi E8 AirFilter - Malossi Variator 7g - ZX Trans - 9:1 - PG Short
birdman
Spree
Spree

Post by birdman »

gperspective wrote:
looking forward to seeing these. may get one!

Ill buy the old PG if you do!!
92 Yamaha Jog CY50
98 Yamaha Zuma
00 Honda Elite 50SR
82 Honda MB5
90 Honda NS50F
14 Yamaha FZ-09
16 Kawasaki Versys 650