Cdn Dio - Polini Contessa BBK build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

DeanP
Spree
Spree

Re: Cdn Dio - Polini Contessa BBK build

Post by DeanP »

So I had some jetting questions that I asked here http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... 44#p270744
I got that resolved basically. Still will do some fine tuning but I'll go on a road trip to try it out.
I got 3x5 and 3x6.9 rollers in and seems to work fine. Also have the green Malossi clutch springs in but had the blue and took them out. It was engaging too high at about 5500rpm. Now it's at about 3500rpm. Takes off nicely.going out later to try in on a longer ride to see everything is working out.
dylan_46
BMX
BMX

Post by dylan_46 »

your bike could turn to a super dio like this
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Dylan, I like the wing.
I had her out tonight for about a 40k trip. Drove mostly about 60kmh and went out on the highway but was only cruising about 75kmh. Pretty freaky driving that fast on this small guy. Lol
I got up once to 349f and was mostly around 275f. Though I was never over 1/2 throttle. Most of my cruising was at about 1/8 to 1/4 throttle at about 60kmh.
Does this sound ok? It felt great and I surprised a speed trap cop; he laughed as I screamed by them at 75kmh in the 80 zone.
dylan_46
BMX
BMX

Post by dylan_46 »

DeanP, that's cool man :2thumbs: , that's why i love this little guy, great power, great speed :ndance:
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

So I have a question about my throttle position:

Is it normal to only have to ride around only using the 1/4 to 1/2 throttle position? (I was doing about 45mph at 8250rpm)

I have my throttle marked for closed, 1/2 and full, so I can clearly see where my throttle is at. I did open it full throttle tonight, but it may need different jetting as the temp only rose to 325ish and it was more boggy noise than acceleration. Would this be correct?
dylan_46
BMX
BMX

Post by dylan_46 »

try other bigger jet, i think so :confused:
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

DeanP wrote:So I have a question about my throttle position:

Is it normal to only have to ride around only using the 1/4 to 1/2 throttle position? (I was doing about 45mph at 8250rpm)

I have my throttle marked for closed, 1/2 and full, so I can clearly see where my throttle is at. I did open it full throttle tonight, but it may need different jetting as the temp only rose to 325ish and it was more boggy noise than acceleration. Would this be correct?
Does anyone else have an answer??
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

id try a few different jets to see how it affects temps and WOT. if its bogging at WOT id want to say its to rich but what I would do is play with different jets and maybe even moving the clip on the needle. You should be able to open her up with no bog. play around and see what happens. I have changed so many times over the last few months its crazy but the only way to really find the sweet spot is to play with it.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

If it's boggy when I go full throttle could this also indicate too heavy of rollers? Or are roller weights mainly for take off along with clutch springs?
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Good example went and moved my clip up to give it more fuel mid range and now I get bog WOT and my temps were higher than 2 days ago. Clutch springs are generally where your clutch engages rpm wise. Rollers and contra control the "shift" in gears I'm still trying to wrap my head around all that. I'd suggest doing some Google searches about cvt tuning I've read lots and lots and still it's tricky
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

Ok thanks. I'll do some more reading. I think tonight I'll deal with my clutch springs cause I'm noticing as I'm wearing things in, things are changing.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

What jets are you running currently? And what roller weights? when I get to work tomorrow I'll send a couple pages I bookmarked your way on cvt tuning. Clutch springs will help with launch as you be able to throttle up to higher rpm rather than starting at a low rpm then having to build up to your powerband.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

108mj and 36pj with one clip up on needle.3x5 and 3x6.9 rollers
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Seems about right.I'd say try a 106 MJ and see how that works if it's like mine by moving your clip up and leaning out your needle you are leaning your MJ a bit and still seems to be rich. Like I said trial and error till you get it right.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DeanP
Spree
Spree

Post by DeanP »

So I dropped my rollers from 35.7 to 33 grams and put my mid (blue)clutch springs in. Made a big difference in the launch and wasn't as bad as when I had 30 grams in. Lots of pull from a stop and pulled all the way through to 70kmh using 1/8 to 1/2 throttle. Though I did notice that when it got thoroughly warmed up (275-300f), it sputtered a bit from take off. It took a bit of throttle playing to get it to perform like when it was colder.I don't why, maybe too rich a pilot jet? (was a 36pj & 108mj)
Then I took it on a straight stretch and opened it wide open for about 2miles. Never went over 9550rpm and not over 349f. Guess I'll jet down the mj.
Once I got home, I adjusted the pj which I noted that I could turn it out more than 3 turns and it didn't really increase too much in rpm, maybe 200rpm, but closing it, it would cough and sputter. I left it until I can get your guy's advice on that, but I did install a 105mj. I'll try it on Thursday as tomorrow I'll be too busy to try it.
Any thoughts on my rambling?