Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

Post by Downsouthdio »

Are the 7 to 1 malossi gears?
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

I have a polini primary set in now
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

ordered a honda helix fuel pump off ebay. im done messing with this electric stuff. vacuum works just fine. ill live just fine if i have to kick it a few extra times to prime the carb. $150 total spent on electric fuel pump crap. $20 on vacuum.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Ha, I don't blame you. Trying to make a fuel pump work with a carb not intended for high pressure is fun and dangerous.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

last night i got the new vacuum pump on and manifold tapped for vacuum, i let the jb weld cure over night

i also redid my cooling line that failed in denver, refilled with coolant and let sit over night- no leaks found this morning

Just need to tuck some wires nicely and im going to start it. still need to pull the plug from the heat cycling in denver.

also got my carbon fiber battery box in finally :ndance: feeling good about it!

leaving this friday for a honda based car show across the state. the honda car scene over there is crazy, but is seriously lacking in modified scooters. Im hoping to fill that void :)
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Where's it at? And good luck! I'm sure even if something else is there you'll still win!
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

the car show? its in sioux falls SD
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

cruised it around the block last night. the trans needs serious tuning. when i twist the throttle the front tire tries to pick off the ground. then it drops to a lower rpm and stays there. its slow but not a pig like the elite is on the bottom. i think i need lighter rollers asap. im gonna do what i can to the clutch but i think.

i keep doing my math wrong for these gears. with what i have right now, the polini 13/44 and my stock secondaries, im at 11:1 which is what everyone says is perfect for drag racing. so i SHOULD be good with where im at for the gearing. hopefully lighter weights and tuning up the clutch is my ticket.

any ideas feel free to chime in :)
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Did you take off the cover and count them? It's not 11:1 ratio in there, Or your tire is so huge it's now a lower gearing. That tire is awesome looking but freaking huge. It feels like 7:1. I could be wrong.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

i based the 13/44 of G9's ebay posting, unless he sold me different gears, but thats probably what i have. i have the 4g weights in now and it seems too heavy. or my clutch needs help.

i think i need some 3g and some 2g weights.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Try the triple springs and contra before going lower. The mxs bore is way more aggressive than the s6 in terms of initial charge movement. Case porting compared to cylinder ported, then it's vert vs horizontal. I don't think, but not for certain, if you go lighter it may just spin up and not move the rear pulley closed. You can feel your trans shift around 40ish which means your gears are too long.
Too figure your gearing with your wheel take your kicker cover off. Take white out and mark a dot at 12 o clock on the clutch bell and the tire. Now rotate your tire 1 full rotation and count how many times your clutch bell does a full circle arpund. How ever many rotations your bell does is going to be your final gearing.
All math aside this is by far the easiest way to understand and know your gearing.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

ill do the gear trick tonight, i swapped out the yellow springs on the polini 2 shoe to the blue springs, wayyyyyy easier then the 3 shoe clutches hahah. hopefully that will get me a higher launch. my thinking behind the variator is since im running a 9 roller i have a higher total weight compared to someone running a normal 6 roller so i need to compensate for that by going with lighter rollers. I know what you mean though by it revving up and no going anywhere by it being too light. i installed 4.5g on the elite last night and thats exactly what it did. i had a pretty good system going for tuning last night, ride one bike, let the trans cool, work on other bike, repeat.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

also, after trying to get my vapor to do anything after two years im about ready to retire it. water temp sensor doesnt read. tach doesnt work. etc etc. i really wanna be able to monitor this motor and i was super impressed with the stage6 egt gauge on 1mans bike when i rode it. Im going to go with the stage6 mini multimeter for CHT, rpms and battery voltage and it has a neat little overheating light, paired with the stage6 egt gauge i think ill have a nice setup to keep a solid eye on the bike.

hey G9 :ndance: :hi:
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

ive tried resetting the water temp by holding down the left and mode keys. the tach is wayyyyy off. ill try running it alittle different tonight, but im ready for something new. i bought this vapor used years ago for dirt cheap.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Same deal here. Installed the polini blue springs and got them pretty compressed on the polini 2 shoe. I was expecting a similar result to what the elite is doing now... But it has almost no change. I'm like stuck in a low rpm even going down hills still. It comes up a bit but not much. -- it's gotta be the weights or the gearing

I can lift the rear end up a hair and the rpms jump and it'll do a massive burn out. But with my butt on there it can't hang

I also tried redoing my tach on the vapor, idling at 5000 rpms and open throttle around at 14000 rpms cruising at like 20, that can't be accurate. I'm ready for something new