Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

Post by 1man8scoots »

Sweet I told you match the trans parts and it'll be perfect! I try to tell everyone with a mina to run matched parts or suffer the "why isn't this tuning right" woes.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

now i wish i had nice weather so i could ride :(
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

ripped it again last night just cause, what a blast, i wish i could accurately explain how fast this bike is. i let a good friend ride it and he was just putting around next to my house and in the next 2 seconds he was at the end of the block. i started laughing pretty hard, ive never seen a scooter move like that. i almost braved the 50 degree weather and wind and rode it to work. but instead im just looking at pictures of it. so enjoy it with me. :coolcruise:
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

hmmmm so im still having a fueling issue with this motor and need some help.

i know im a tad rich given i had a slight bog on the start, but my real issue is when im at WOT

i just got back from a run. i ripped it hard and she pulled hard, i always blimp the throttle on de acceleration and then it started flooding itself. i kept trying to get it to come out of it with a few more twists of the throttle but it wasnt coming back. and as i slowed down and the rpms lowered the motor slowly died. sometimes it will come out of it if i can coast long enough.

i pulled over and gave it a few kicks. it would start and die the first few kicks then it came on probaby the 5th kick and slowly built up the rpms. no throttle was used.

my thinking is, its dumping a ton of fuel at wot and flooding out. i dont think its a soft seize at all. it was a short ride and my plug doesnt show any lean conditions. its a nice golden brown on the arc but the ring and the first few threads are coated in oily fuel.

help me out gentlemen
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Is fuel coming out the carb? And have you tried upping the jet to see what it does?
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

I have a little fuel coming out the bowl still, I thought about leaning out the main not richening it...
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Better to riches it and see than lean it and seize. If it's worse when richer then go leaner, also the cooler it gets the more fuel you need as the air becomes more dense.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

I haven't played with it yet but I took it for another ride and it happened 3 times. If I'm riding and I just try to hold it at an rpm i can hear it start to load up on fuel then it will flood out and the only thing I can do is coast to a stop and let the motor die. I found the best trick to get it refired is to turn the choke on and use no throttle but it was still a b****
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

no ideas?... :|

a guy on facebook said i might have too much vacuum. do you guys get alot of fuel in your vacuum line?

it floods out ALOT. on deceleration i had to really keep the rpms up until i came to a complete stop otherwise it would have flooded out. then after i did all the un needed revving it floods out 1 minute later down the road trying to just maintain a speed followed by 15 mins worth of kicking.

sucks.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

this is the polini 28 pwk. i still get a little fuel coming out the bowl. i have no ideas.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Which fuel pump are you using? You could try using a reducer in the vacuum line to help it slow the pulse maybe.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

some 2t wizard on facebook told me to shove 1 size bigger main jet post fuel pump and according to the laws of hydrodynamics it will not flood out.

well my local mx shop doesnt have a 133 main so i got a 135, should be fine, if this trick works.

took some pics with a friend, we just got done swapping in the 190cc gy. keeps pace pretty well with the helix. We havent raced rucks yet but i think im faster :coolcruise: at least i hope

1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

1 size bigger main jet after the fuel pump?
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

You'd probably have a 132 not 133.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

i have a 132 in right now, he didnt have a 133 or 134. the 135 should be fine, if this actually works