Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Re: Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

Post by hothatch85 »

well, i tried the main jet in the fuel line trick and it did absolutely nothing for me. this is driving me crazy. the bike runs so so strong and this issue is killing all the fun

slowing down to make a right hand turn, bike is starting to bog down as the rpms drop. i feather the gas to keep it alive. once around the corner i rip it and she comes alive. pulls hard as always then the power just cuts and i bog to a stop. like what the f***. if i pull the choke it will come back on with many kicks. i dont get it. please help meeeee
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Bring it down here? I'm just really surprised it's flooding the carb so bad.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

its either flooding it or starving it. im fighting the * out of it. if i cant get it soon im going to just let it sit for the winter and bring it down in the spring. i suck at adjusting float. i just cant seem to believe im doing it right no matter how many videos, write ups or someone sitting in front of me showing me how to do it.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

1man this is directed toward you,

my buddy was talking to me about my fuel starvation issue and mention to me that snowmobiles use two vacuum sources. from the manifold and the other from the crank. hes now trying to convince me to tap my case again at the crank for vacuum. :shock: i dont know if this is a good or bad idea..

ideally i would like the stock ruckus e pump to be rpm dependent and send more fuel as the rpms change, but im no mechanical engineer and dont want to toast my $300 ignition.
Ruckenstein
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ruckenstein »

Why not add an electric pump?
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

im not overfueling like i previously thought im running out of fuel. im tapped below the reed cage right now for vacuum which is where everyone seems to do it but i run out of gas all the time.

the thing with an aftermarket electric pump is the constant draw on the battery. pulse pulse pulse pulse pulse.... its alot and with the mvt igntion i will have to recharge my battery quite often. my * dead now and im only running the E water pump and tail light. racing ignitions man.

maybe ill try a makuni fuel pump and try readjusting my float height. i like the simplicity of a vacuum pump but need to fix this starving at wot issue

EDIT
i may have been using an electric fuel pump with too much juice as they make different models. i was overfueling with that setup. * gas out the float drain. but if you look up any of the aftermarket pumps these guys use, they say s*** like "flows 35 gallons per hour" :crazy: so i dont know how they are getting them to work.