Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

Post by hothatch85 »

im starting a build for my Ruck, This isnt a cookie cutter bike. im currently working on my 2nd rebuild for this bike. onto the good stuff,

picked up my stock ruck back in the fall of 2012 for $1500. aint she cute?!
thats like the only stock picture i have, first mods were Polini belt and vari to get my * going, straight bars, new grips, stoner eyes, removed floorboards, shaved headlight bracket and single mirror mod lol
then i dabbled with powdercoating
chopped and welded my stock seat frame because free, added uni filter and pegs, looks like i was starting my tank polishing too
Traded a video game for a paint job, 2011 wrx blue with deep violet added and gayflake, i think its more purple then blue

This was one of my favorite looks, pre stretch and lowering. At this point i have MNNTHBX exhaust, lazy eye, taillight and rising sun cvt cover. i also scored a complete trail tech for $50 :ndance:
I bit the bullet and ordered the mojo GET 12x8 kit, powdercoated my front wheel and threw on white walls for the feels. OH and my Galaxy seat cover.
swooped some polished RRGS lowdowns and the MNNTHBX drum adapter. The stance was about there..
Swooped a lowdown rear shock from Corsport in Denver 8) powdered my rear wheel and hub...
I think the fastest i got on my get was probably 58mph, she went pretty good but i retired her to the shelf and went GY6 the winter of 2013...
Lots of Changes: GY6 150 longcase, mojo customs bolt on 12x8 stretch, i paired my old MNNTHBX muffler with a BTX header, Powderedcoated wheels anodized red, Honda red seat, FLP setbacks, Flp frame splitter, Carbon handlebars, Carbon rear fender, carbon air scoopy, DIY drag bar, Pizza pan wheel covers, and saggy * headlight frame.
Ditched my saggy * for a nice LED headlight, This picture was taken mid air ride install, i was having the hardest of time getting the carb to clear everthing aired up and down. i got it doe :naughty:
Carbon Front fender was added, Zoomania carbon half face and zoomania carbon key cover. My battery box got nicked in the front and cracked and the cover was the best solution.

Okay, so that was summer 2014, i was over my gy6 at this point after building and riding my mina spree. i knew i needed a 2T power plant. sourced a zuma motor and harness off total ruckus for $200 :ndance: :geekdance: :D First "mod" was a KN fatty hub. fit like a glove so i packed it up and sent it to Evan at FLP to get the original bolt pattern shaved off and 4x90 drilled in
Evan and i worked up a beautiful wheel set for the 2T build, 12x4 front and 12x6 rear 2pc wheels.
With the hub bolted, this was pre polishing..
Alittle Black Diamond goes a long way
i was able to make the Mojo Customs Bolt on SKINNY mount work with the 12x6 with minimal cutting :rock:
i picked up this blue rear frame to hold my old gy6 motor, I was just using it for mock up on the zuma motor. Ill be building that bike up as well this winter/spring as a second bike for myself and a ride for my girlfriend. The White wall is temp

got the zuma motor mounted to my bike. i was able to use my GY6 eye to eye bracket on the new set up with some trimming.
Got my ATR front hub polished up, installed composimo lowering springs up front and i had my rolling chassis.
it wont sit so racked once i get the exhaust on.

OKAY all caught up. as now recently my Stage6 RT cylinder kit, crankshaft and exhaust have all arrived at the ScooterSwapShop compound so if Brandon would like to add some nice HD shots of the parts he can :naughty:
motormike

Re: Ruckus Build- Stage6 RT Minarelli Powered (PIC HEAVY)

Post by motormike »

Can you show me more of the RED BIKE in the background of the garage ?
Looks like an old Honda C200 frame, similar to Passport.
PLEASE... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

nice looking ruck.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

its my Buddy Shads Suzuki K15 he restored/rebuilt/customized. it has a shortened seat and a entirely different front suspension set up now, he got a kx expansion chamber to bolt up to it, its an 80cc i beleive and its rips. would be even sweeter if there was a bore kit available for it. he rode it alot in 2013 but the tank had such a bad leak and he cant find a replacement or is to cheap to pay for a nice one. pretty neat little ripper
motormike

Post by motormike »

Thanx hothatch85...looks like a lot of fun... :wink:
Your Ruck keep up with it ?...in the curves ?
Nice job on both... :thumbwink:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Digging the rising sun cvt cover
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

i was just about to go in here and add a picture of the exhaust but its been done!! Thanks G9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jack:
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

That's going to be awesome!
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Thanks!! im excited for it all to come together! :ndance: :coolcruise:
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

small update :)

stripped and shipped my motor cases to the scooterswapshop for cleaning and assembly. eagerly awaiting it already!!!

cut and stripped cvt cover, starting polishing on that. im going with a completly polished motor should be pretty flashy when finished. deadline is feb 20th to make a car show and i have high hopes ill get this done in time!! will post pics when i take them.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

sweetness dude!! loved your little update on facebook, the presentation that the MVT ignition gives is just amazing. cant wait to get my hands on this stuff :ndance: :ndance: :D

hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Update:
My phone camera makes everything look like dog s***. i finally got my cvt cover stripped, cut and polished. i was going to use a STR8 extreme cut cover but it doesnt fit :(
im going to use this red hardware for anything i can, just need my chrome stage6 kicker to finish this up. i got a ton of other parts polished up as well. also go the wiring completed!! just a few loose ends to tie up but at this point i just need my motor back from G9 and ill be ready to party :ndance: :coolcruise:
jareeb
BMX
BMX

Post by jareeb »

this setup is gona be an animal. should just have this engine in your spree ;P
1985 spree 40qmb swapped w/bbk (in the works)
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Progress being made!! :ndance:
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Polini Evo billet reed valve and 360 degree manifold, should work perfect with the air kit.
motor, exhaust, belt, chrome kicker, evo bell, manifold and 28mm carb will all be here friday! Cannot wait to start on assembly.

In other news, i was going to pick up this 05 met this weekend for $200, i wasnt sure if it ran and it has over 10000 miles on it.
i decided i didnt want to put the work into flipping it to since im trying to buy a house and i have two rucks to finish. so i let a good friend know about it whos wanted a scoot for a long time but has been tight on funds with a newborn on the way. He got a * of a deal, we went to pick it up and it runs!! its a good feeling helping him out with this build, getting enjoyment and experience on another met without having to spend any $$ is also nice.Image
got all the moto stickers off and gave it a wipe down, hes gonna order a new front fender and side panel as one is pretty hacked. ruckus swing arm, chopped forks, 9" extension and some go fast goods from G9 will have this girl set!

more updates to come friday :ndance: