01 Honda Elite- ZX headset swap, disk brake, DIO FUN

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

hothatch85
Elite
Elite

01 Honda Elite- ZX headset swap, disk brake, DIO FUN

Post by hothatch85 »

I'm still on the road bringing this beaut home. Here she is

Gotta put together the dash/headlight assembly and clean her up but I'm really happy with it!

Of course there are plans, stay tuned.
Last edited by hothatch85 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birdman
Spree
Spree

Re: Too many build threads- 01 Honda Elite

Post by birdman »

Now this is what Im talking about!!! :popcorn:
92 Yamaha Jog CY50
98 Yamaha Zuma
00 Honda Elite 50SR
82 Honda MB5
90 Honda NS50F
14 Yamaha FZ-09
16 Kawasaki Versys 650
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Small tiny update- received my new oem blinkers and bulbs from the previous owner, gonna get the headset put back together finally!! :)

i also ordered a Polini 24mm evo cp with bell mouth stack and a jdm tail light from the man, Scooterswapshop.

i should be able to putt around the block with the stock pipe on there. i wont rip into this until i pull the trigger on the yasuni :geekdance:
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Yeah buddy nice score
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

another update with no pictures :) deposit made on c16. ironing out the snags on a legit wheel set and disk front end. this bike is coming together great in my head!! now just to put the actual work in... sigh..
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Go with the ncy low down front end set and brakes, it looks great! G9 use to produce the adapter set for it to mate to an elite with a modified stem and lower race.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

G9 and i have been talking ;) ill pick up his race adapter and whip modify a ruckus tree to work. i think im gonna use NCY wave rotor and caliper. really like that wave rotor and the caliper is nice and small. NCY slammed forks always seem to sit alot higher then rrgs so for forks, ill use rrgs or similar.

here is that exact combo with a 12" wheel. my application will be used with a 10"
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I imagine you've used some front end suspensions ha. I am using the lower metro fork mated to sa50 upper, with ncy low down front end ncy big brake set up for a 98 elite shortly. I don't know how low I'd want to go on the elite other wise I'll be welding exhaust back together. Denver is pothole city thanks to all the snow and plows. How do the rrgs feel compared to the ncy? I've still yet to ride them.
I think you want to use the met fork so it moves the forks more forward so you don't have to trash the glove box too much.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Also you would know, should I change out the fluid in the forks while their off the bike? Or does ncy use good quality fork oil? I'm changing my zx50 fork oil to belray 15w. The fluid in them are 13 years old tho.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

ive only had experience with RRGS forks. they are stiff and thats why i like em. ive never tried the ncy. as far as fork oil i still have the same stuff in since day one!!

i wasnt aware that the met tree is pushed farther out then the ruckus. i totally forgot about glove box destruction :( the issue with the met tree though is its narrower. so fitting all the disk brake stuff i imagine is alittle more tough. but if you did it, i dont see why i cant. im thinking welding the sa50 stem to the tree is the way to go as it seems easiest compared to cutting and extending
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

It's just a matter of spacers being the right ones. Ncy sells them for a met or ruck stem I think. It was a kit for sure. These forks feel pretty stiff but I imagine the rrgs are stiffer with being that low. Looking at these compared to those rrgs they're super tall. Or the fact it's a 90/90-10 vs that 12. That looks real nice!
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

The rrgs forms posted above have the springs removed from them. I think I'll go with the met tree then if it sits farther forward.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

WHOOP WHOOP

got all my parts for this beast in the mail today!! gonna work on getting it started today!!

parts to be installed and needed for riding lol
jdm taillight
naraku manifold
Polini 24mm evo CP carb
Yasuni C16 :2thumbs:
drain 50:1 gas from tank and refill with 32:1 or ill just add some oil to the 50:1
hook up cables, put plastics on

2 months later im finally going to get to ride this bike!!
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Got all the parts installed- the yasuni is a fanstastic fit. zero issues installing and sounds amazing the bike started right up :) took it for the first ride and its in desperate need of a clutch, stock with upgraded springs isnt cutting it for me.

first time having the headset all assembled. looks freakin mint.

brand new purple front headset piece with new oem blinks

naraku with 24mm Polini evo CP

Kevlar yasuni C16 and Jdm tail light

* dark garage picture
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

tell your wife to get off the phone so you can internet in peace!! haha

EDIT: kinda funny in that first picture the ruckus looks like its curved to the left. you can also see the rotting corpse that is the spree in the backround in one of the pics