New member! Honda elite S, seeking more speed

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

New member! Honda elite S, seeking more speed

Post by Cmoped9 »

Hello, new member here I've read many of these posts, lots of good info out there. I just purchased a 1994 honda elite S, great running scooter, but only does about 26-27 on flat. I purchased a different variator instead of just doing the de restriction, I am planning on drilling the exhaust, any suggestions on jetting and oil supply then? Should I change anything with jetting? Any other parts I can buy? Springs in the clutch? 40-45mph would be wonderful.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Last edited by Cmoped9 on Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 Elite SR
Malossi Cast, 24mm Polini (36/110), 9.8 gears, Naraku intake, PG long exhaust, 6k yellow Polini clutch springs, 5g roller weights. Top speed: 60mph
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: New member! Honda elite S, seeking more speed

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

depends on how much you want to spend. Variator+gears+derestriction should be close to your goal for pretty cheap. I do believe and I could be wrong but you'll need to up your oil mix at this point. I have a SR which I know mixes more oil in through the pump. Do some research this point is critical. That's where I started. Check out the GOOCH build. After that it's about how much more you want to do. Clutch carb BBK pipe. Oh and pics or didn't happen. Welcome to the addiction.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

Thanks for the bit of advice, I've been trying to read as much as I can, but it seems like everyone has there own opinion and they all tend to vary a little bit. It looks like I am going to have to upjet and possibly change the amount of oil it is getting, if anyone has a suggestion on a jet number to try or what to do with the oil pump(zip tie it all the way open/buy the split throttle cable) any help would be great!
2000 Elite SR
Malossi Cast, 24mm Polini (36/110), 9.8 gears, Naraku intake, PG long exhaust, 6k yellow Polini clutch springs, 5g roller weights. Top speed: 60mph
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I think the sr ran a 78 main and the s was a 68. id get a couple mains around 78 that way you can play around till you find one that works best. remember to knock out the tab in the airbox along with doing your exhaust. ive been a little sketched out about either option for the oil pump but people do it all the time with success. could always buy a oil pump plug and pre mix and not have to worry about it. but that requires a bit more thinking when out and about. im sure someone will chime in about the oil pump. opinions vary because every bike is different and you get different results ultimately you just gotta get as much info as you can and take the plunge. I read d*** near every post regarding elites after I got mine then went forward. theres a lot a great guys here with lots of knowledge and experience which makes this site awesome.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

Ya I have read a lot, it's just the jetting that there is no specific number that works best for everyone, and also the oil pump ordeal, if someone who has one could chime in with advice on how they did it that would be awesome. Some guys say tying it open works, others say buy the cable, some plug it. Vast array of opinions.
2000 Elite SR
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Guess it's all in what you feel comfortable doing. You might be able to find an sr pump pretty sure they still sell them at honda but try to wanted for sale section. I think all methods work some bring greater peace of mind.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

I have a solid idea of what all could take place, just looking for the beast option, peace of mind is very nice, knowing all is working properly.
2000 Elite SR
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

All depends on your budget, you want to spend cash or go cheap? I spent some cash on my bikes. You can get a scooter to run like anyone on this board. Lots of options and opinions. Just ask and you will be answered.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

Yup I'm just gonna stay pretty basic with this one, just gonna stick with the basic de restriction of it and hope to get about 40mph out of it. I've read a lot of posts, I think I'm gonna hold off on the whole BBK/carb/exhaust deal and be happy with 40mph for a while, although 60mph would be really nice, the budget just doesn't call for that right now.
2000 Elite SR
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Yes enjoy it for now and when you do switch it up we are all here to help you sir.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

Ya my main concern right now is oil, I've been trying to figure it out and I've been told by like 5 people 5 different things. I cant find someone with an Sr oil pump so that isn't an option really, other option is zip tie it open, but then do I add oil to the tank or will it be sufficient without, or buy a plug and premix, which I don't really want to do
2000 Elite SR
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

I'm pretty sure with your stock pump and a cap of oil in the tank you'll be just fine with just the derestriction of the motor, pipe, and a up jet. I wouldnt worry about finding an sr pump or zip tieing the pump open unless you start upgrading parts.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

So my elite S is now "de restricted" I put an aftermarket variator in it, with 9g roller weights, drilled out the exhaust, punched out 2nd tab in airbox, and up jetted to an 87 main jet. I'm only getting about 34-35mph out of it tops. I'm curious if I need to change the roller weights? Maybe my main jet is too rich, I have yet to check the plug, but I know a lot of guys said they get about 40 out of them once derestricted, any info would be great, thanks!
2000 Elite SR
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

I'd drop to about 6s in the variator and swap in a 1k center spring. My stock afo5 with variator, 1k center, 1k clutch springs lacked great and did a solid 45 but I had a pipe.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

Ok I was looking into those large center springs, and was unsure what size was right, and I'm not exactly sure where to buy one. I think scooterswapshop has them. I might have to give it a try and the lighter rollers. Then 9 to 1 gears after that.
2000 Elite SR