1985 Spree AF16

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: 1985 Spree AF16

Post by Ben L. »

I also have another exhaust on the way. Unfortunately it won't be here til late this week. Its a sidebleed Simonini. I couldn't find much info on it here so why not give it a try. Usually sidebleed pipes are quieter so if all goes well it will go on my daily elite.
Hppowdercoatings
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Hppowdercoatings »

Ben L. wrote:Finally made a little progress... Rebuild the bottom end with Malossi crank, installed a corsa, Naraku intake, CP polini 21mm carb, zx trans, polini vari, and my pg long pipe. The bike is absolutely nuts! This coming saturday the local scooter group is hosting a drag racing event at the drag strip. I gotta hurry and get this thing tuned. I'm gonna try going to 9:1 gears and see how it does.
Looking Good....
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

The bike has been running good all week with 95 main jet. Very crisp throttle. Today I took it for a spin and it kept dying at the stop lights and not wanting to restart. I'd kick it over and it would backfire and die. Finally got it running to get home but couldn't let the engine idle down.

Is my idle jet too big? It seems like a rich condition to me. I haven't even looked at what size it is but ordered a full set and they came in today. My simo pipe also came!
KwSpree86
Noob
Noob

Post by KwSpree86 »

Could you give me some advice on how you mounted the af15 and if you needed any brackets to do it ? I just got a 86 and have a af15 coming to put on it! Thanks in advance
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (156 KiB) Viewed 6575 times
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

You need the af16 motor mount. Just have to shave some material off one side. Check the wiki on this website for the details.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

That af16 looks perfect in the Spree. No one would even know. Nice sleeper
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

May be a tough one. But I had the idea of a stock wheelbase dio swap spree and was wondering if you had a picture of the mount you used and what the mods were
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

I can get some pics. I actually am parting the bike and might sell that mount.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Ben L. wrote:Finally made a little progress... Rebuild the bottom end with Malossi crank, installed a corsa, Naraku intake, CP polini 21mm carb, zx trans, polini vari, and my pg long pipe. The bike is absolutely nuts! This coming saturday the local scooter group is hosting a drag racing event at the drag strip. I gotta hurry and get this thing tuned. I'm gonna try going to 9:1 gears and see how it does.
How'd it go at that dragstrip? Just curious

So what direction are you taking this build now? That PG Long looks so good on there..
projects galore :nerd:
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

burnt_toast wrote:
How'd it go at that dragstrip? Just curious

So what direction are you taking this build now? That PG Long looks so good on there..
The race was cancelled due to rain. Most of the parts I'm selling came from this build. The spree will get sold complete minus motor ready for another af16 to bolt right in.

It was just too small and skiddish for me with that setup. I like the Elite because its heavier and much more stable.
Revolutionary
Spree
Spree

Post by Revolutionary »

Looks like a fun build!