Spree/Dio Gasket Problems

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

bam02racer
Noob
Noob

Spree/Dio Gasket Problems

Post by bam02racer »

Good evening,
I am currently rebuilding my 85 Spree (for the first time) and have encountered a problem with gaskets.
I purchased a gasket kit from Scrappy Dog in Las Vegas NV. On their website, Spree is grouped in the Dio section. But the gaskets I received aren't for a spree!? The only gaskets that look like they would fit is the Head and exhaust gaskets... Is a Spree engine a Dio? They seem to think it is. They are telling me it's because of the year model, but every spree I have seen have the same engine.. My case is stamped AF05E. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks Brian
bam02racer
Noob
Noob

Re: Spree/Dio Gasket Problems

Post by bam02racer »

Yep, I looked at it again last night. During several conversations with then yesterday I told them it was a Spree and they didn't seem to be any more aware of the difference than I was...? I'm currently restoring a 72 Kaw 750 triple I rode in high school, and have been buying parts like crazy. Guess that's what I get for not paying close attention. Anyway, I looked at your site last night but didn't Spree gaskets or seals. Do you offer these parts or are they a dealer item? I recently bought something from you via ebay. But don't remember what. Like I said been buying a bunch lately. After I finish the Kaw I will be doing some perf. upgrades to the spree or perhaps buying another to hot rod. I seems your the guy I should have been doing business with from the start. That being said, your my guy going forward. Ill be looking forward to your response in regard to gaskets and seals. Thanks for the quick response. Brian