The Boat

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: The Boat

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I installed the Malossi clutch in Golden Boy, and was very pleased with the grip. The stocker slipped like a granny on a hockey rink with any power applied between 25 and 50 MPH. Noisily. However any time I boast about the Malossi belt on the Reflex Forum, the site owner responds that the experience with the belt (unlike ours with the Elite 50 versions...) has been poor. Apparently several premature failures have been reported, and it seems that the Reflex owners prefer to stick with stock Bando for their 250s. I was surprised, and I've had no problems so far (300 miles or so) but that's the feedback I'm seeing.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

anyone have some info one the malossi 77mm big bore? i keep coming back to it...what other modifications would be needed for this? im a 2t guy..
http://www.spi-parts.com/honda-cn-250-b ... inder.html

getting info from this page as well.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cn2 ... opics/2402
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

That's a lotta work to go from 78 MPH to maybe(?) 85. Sheesh, it's half a day just pulling off Tupperware! Maybe the better answer is found here.For the 250, the K-Mod or just about 115 total grams in a Big Ruckus variator fixes the acceleration issue, but top speed
ReFlashFrnt_resized_1.jpg
ReFlashFrnt_resized_1.jpg (102.46 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
(pushing all that air...) won't easily be improved.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
motormike

Post by motormike »

The anticipated results are apparently as much esthetic as performance... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I talked to a guy today with 14k on his malossi kit and malossi cam with the malossi belt, clutch, bell, and polini vario, he's doing very well and it was installed properly by a reputable shop. I think the people with problems just don't know how to install kits properly or torque things to spec. A bad artist always blames the canvas.
The down side of forums is you never know what kind of advice you're getting. That guy changes his belt every 5k miles and when I looked at his cvt at 4k it was great looking. The malossi rollers were trashed at 4k but he said they replace them at 5k with the belt. So do not fear the malossi belt unless you don't know how to install a belt properly. I have complete and total confidence in the cvt skills of you both.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

what was the cam and bore installed on? its hard for me to tell if its for the vertical cn250 or the newer horizontal motors.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

The kit the guy has is for a 04 reflex 250, yours is the vert his is the horizontal. Get the malossi part number and check it on their site.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

updating this!! my ugly home made yoshi exhaust failed so i ended up just buying a 200$ pipe off ebay, it has a nice stepped header and a great tone. the bike is just a little lean though, i picked up a polini evo filter to ditch the air box. id like to get the carb rejetted for the filter and exhaust here someday soon when i get some free time. this exhaust came with some stupid manifold bolts and i ended up snapping one in the head :oops: if youve ever seen a vertical honda exhaust manifold you know they are in a dumb spot and the whole design is just not very well thought out... i ended up having to just replace the head. it took me about a day following a very nice picture filled online manual. have had zero issues since :)

i was able to pick up the full malossi kit from SSS. Vari, belt, clutch and bell. the pads on my old clutch were almost totally gone so this was a much needed upgrade that only took about 20 mins. i had to cut the cvt cover for the new winged/vented bell but it looks killer. just need a sharpie to cover up my cut :smile: i could instantly feel huge gains with the cvt kit. grabs much harder on the bottom and pulls hard all the way through the rpms. ive hit 65 so far and i got there quick, i need to take it on the highway to really get a good run at it.

also picked up a super ricey clear tail light and over priced fiber glass chin spoiler off webike. Dope
Overall im loving my maxiscoot!! ill get some pictures on here with my go pro. i need to just take all my pictures with that thing.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

That thing looks cool! Drop it, that white I saw somewhere too, it looks crazy good. If you do end up putting a stereo in lemme kno, I sell car stereo and alarms for a living. I'll hook you up if your from this board, I get so much help I gotta give back haha. Pioneer and Sony sell "media players" that look like normal radios but no cd player, just radio Bluetooth and aux inputs. Way smaller and lighter.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

some pix, this is how i highway cruise: