Building my first 72cc

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Building my first 72cc

Post by 1man8scoots »

That set up is a proven winner, I actually like keli pulleys a lot but they do wear quicker than the Italian counter parts. 24mm polini on a corsa is perfect.
If you swapped the keli for a polini you will get more miles and smoother variation out of your transmission set up. You could step it up and run a kymco zx50 rear pulley with a ruckus polini variator and it will improve your variation even more. You will lose at best 5% of your top speed.
Last edited by 1man8scoots on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Love the Corsa. My unported Corsa just hit 68mph very similar setup. Get a good pipe.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
curtis966
Elite
Elite

Post by curtis966 »

Exactly what 1man said swap in a polini for ruckus variator and a zx pulley and you will love that set up. Great down low and still have lots of top end speed.
86 Aero 50,Polini 65cc BBK,malossi oring head,100 oct. 32:1
21mm OKO,Malossi Wild Lion exhaust,
Stock Ruck vari, malossi special belt,1.5k shoes,1k center,
aftermarket bell, front/rear metro wheels, TT vapor,
5in stretch on motor mount,280mm Shock.
BJM3x96813
Noob
Noob

Post by BJM3x96813 »

Just one problem. I don't think any of the local shops here in Hawaii carry 24 carbs. Only 28. I'll have to call and find out but from what I understand I haven't seen any or anyone running it here. If they don't carry does anyone know a trusted site I can order it from? And does it use same co and main jets as 28s?
BJM3x96813
Noob
Noob

Post by BJM3x96813 »

Adding to the post I sent before this, what kind of manifold do I need to use? The two I usually see here that we have is ct black and ct chrome. They fit? Just need to find the size that fits where the carb goes into? Sorry seems like a noob question. But that's why I'm here to get help.
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

From what I understand the ct intakes are garbage. They need work to seal properly and the reeds are junk. I purchased a Naraku intake for my Polini CP 21mm and it came with two different size clamps. I hear stage 6 intakes are swell as well.
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

I have very good luck with scooterswapshop.com and treatland.tv
Treatland is a moped superstore and has tons of carbs.
BJM3x96813
Noob
Noob

Post by BJM3x96813 »

Ok so here it's hard to find a AF16 block which I been trying to find for a while. Nobody wants to let it go cuz it's like gold, hard to get. So I was wondering would a dd50 block or arnada block be just as good? Will I need to port the dd intake ports? Because if I'm not mistaken I was told the af16 block has bigger stock intake ports than dd50. Could I buy a polini corsa and match the intake ports to the bore? Leave the corsa ports alone but touch the block to match it? People do tell me the stock ports on both will be fine untouched but I just don't like the concept that it's not matching ports like straight flow. One bigger than the other losing air flow? Idk what should I do? Just leave both stock ports?
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

BJM3x96813 wrote:Ok so here it's hard to find a AF16 block which I been trying to find for a while. Nobody wants to let it go cuz it's like gold, hard to get. So I was wondering would a dd50 block or arnada block be just as good? Will I need to port the dd intake ports? Because if I'm not mistaken I was told the af16 block has bigger stock intake ports than dd50. Could I buy a polini corsa and match the intake ports to the bore? Leave the corsa ports alone but touch the block to match it? People do tell me the stock ports on both will be fine untouched but I just don't like the concept that it's not matching ports like straight flow. One bigger than the other losing air flow? Idk what should I do? Just leave both stock ports?

the japan motor af18 easy to find... on japan and cost script..

Honda dealer dont sell the s motor unless you get a honda elite s title. dealer will sell the bare crank case, not cheap! about 500.

dd50 right case not strong on where crank bearing hold. leave dd50 motor stock.... not add a mod parts.
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Af16's are alot easier to get than a af18
If you ask me, i have another 2 af16's extra..if you are interested let me know
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
BJM3x96813