Fuel Injection for Honda AF16E?

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

MaxKulik
Spree
Spree

Fuel Injection for Honda AF16E?

Post by MaxKulik »

Does anyone know if it's possible to find a kit or something that will replace the carburetor with a fuel injection system? Looking for something that will work on an AF16E engine.
Thanks!
MaxKulik
Spree
Spree

Re: Fuel Injection for Honda AF16E?

Post by MaxKulik »

graphite9 wrote:unless your extremely skilled with playing with chinese/taiwan tuning software, and want to gamble on a $300 system, a carb is the best bet. Tillotson makes diaphram carbs, kindof like throttle bodies, with no bowls. Tune with the twist of a knob. I want to try one but they are around $300. If you want plug and play, on a stock bike go with a good oem carb, if you want performance, and reliability on a big bore bike do a polini carb.
Is there a better option carb wise if I'm on a stock AF16E engine with an aftermarket exhaust?
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by Ben L. »

I'm doing 60 on a Malossi cast kit with stock carb and exhaust. You won't have a problem.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

graphite9 wrote:unless your extremely skilled with playing with chinese/taiwan tuning software, and want to gamble on a $300 system, a carb is the best bet. Tillotson makes diaphram carbs, kindof like throttle bodies, with no bowls. Tune with the twist of a knob. I want to try one but they are around $300. If you want plug and play, on a stock bike go with a good oem carb, if you want performance, and reliability on a big bore bike do a polini carb.
Out of curiosity, I wanted to look into this but I can't really find anything in their website. I found this other site that talks about it a little bit but it is for something that flys. I was hoping to find the manufacturer info. Do you have a link somewhere?

http://inventions.aerocorsair.com/id36.htm

Also, you could always just skip the af16 and buy an Aprilia? Lol

I also found this that looks pretty cool, but $500 compared to a $100 Polini carb seems a little crazy for a scooter.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

http://inventions.aerocorsair.com/id36.htm

I also found this that looks pretty cool, but $500 compared to a $100 Polini carb seems a little crazy for a scooter.[/quote]

I have looked into this topic for several years and trust me if there was 1 guy on this site that would have been all over that kit if it was worth investing Graphite would be that guy. FI is awesome but where there is not much profit, there is usually no awesome products. For now you can get some very dialed in carbs and there is enough data on this site that you would be very happy with your carb performance.

Another note:

Those wideband 02 sensors do not like our premix oil coating, and will be a constant bother.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)