"SpreElite" build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

yamahauler660r
Spree
Spree

"SpreElite" build

Post by yamahauler660r »

This is a project I did a few years ago, but between work and life the build didn't happen all at once. A lot of pictures during the build are on a damaged laptop to be recovered at a later date. It is a complete basket case build. I pieced together the entire thing. I blasted the frame, forks, and wheels and painted them black.
The engine, the obvious af16, I rebuilt from the seals and bearings up. Still a 39mm bore and OEM gears with some "experimental dremel work" on the case intake. With my small self it is a wheelie machine and 43-47 mph on a dirt road (still tuning (tuning never ends though)) my setup is as follows:

Stock bore
SR exhaust
Boyesen reeds
Stock carb
SR needle
#105 jet (I know it seems big...)
SE50 oil pump (comparison test with sa50 SR pump coming soon)
A splash of oil in the gas tank
DDX variator
SEF ramp plate
8.4 polini rollers
1k contra spring
1k polini clutch springs
Met. Rear wheel
Uni pod filter
Outerwears pre-filter
Fluro lined silicone intake tube (with a coupler that took forever to find)
Met. Rear fender (my own trademark..I think)
Heavy duty reinforced shock mount
Reinforced frame at engine mount
New bearings, seals, piston, rings, carb seals, o-rings
Japan side stand. not yet installed
87 leg shield/glovebox. Not yet installed

Next I am converting the speedo to a se50. I'm hoping I can use a 87 spree handlebar/headset with the SE speedometer??

I live on a country dirt road, and while 90% of my moped fleet is fully rebuilt, running & registered with current stickers, they don't get to see the light of day very often. They all get ran every year, but are all pole barn queens. I buy...and I rarely sell!!
That being said my air intake setup is a little different as I was shooting for a sleeper with no visible aftermarket filter (wrapping the blue silicone intake with electrical tape) and also trying to keep the filter away from dirt road dust, also the reasoning for my custom made metro rear fender.
My one issue with the intake setup is the whole fresh air (non engine heated air) concept. This has not been an issue because I DONT HAVE ANY BLACK REAR PANELS... Hint. But anyways, I thought about some sort custom airbox with snorkel tube. Similar to how my truck has an intake connected to the fender for fresh air sort of thing... Yes, I just said that out loud! I may be overthinking this, being the spree always drew warm engine heat, but the elite engines always drew fresh air. My original reasoning was because I don't want to cut the left side panel. (I'm a honda collector) it looks like I might need to notch it a little for the carb anyways so I my just scratch the intake tube.

I will never finish this build. When I run out of rebuild projects I will always be upgrading this and my 99 elite that I transferred to a motorcycle title and insured, which will be my first big bore build. One day I will splurge on a complete bbk, intake, carb, exhaust, gears and so on. The elite already has all the parts listed above installed.

Check back for more pictures as I'm computer dumb and I need my wife's assistance finding any pictures that went from my phone to the computer. And excuse any dusty pictures. there is a 4-wheeler for every person around here and we ride at home. And, well... Doughnuts in the pole barn just happen sometimes.

Any questions, comments, criticism is all free game!!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (119.98 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (158.13 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (169.03 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
My 2 wheeled bikes:
99 Elite S
97 Z50R
96 Elite S
89 Elite E x2
86/96 "Spree S/SpreElite"
87 Elite
86 Spree x4
86 Spree Special
85 Spree x3
84 Spree
83 Aero 80
80 XL250S
71 Trail 70 H
yamahauler660r
Spree
Spree

Re: "SpreElite" build

Post by yamahauler660r »

More pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (94.24 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.72 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (64.64 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
My 2 wheeled bikes:
99 Elite S
97 Z50R
96 Elite S
89 Elite E x2
86/96 "Spree S/SpreElite"
87 Elite
86 Spree x4
86 Spree Special
85 Spree x3
84 Spree
83 Aero 80
80 XL250S
71 Trail 70 H
yamahauler660r
Spree
Spree

Re: "SpreElite" build

Post by yamahauler660r »

Sidestand installed. Looks 43% meaner just sitting there. I'll blast it and powder it black later.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (158.34 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (139.4 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (151.41 KiB) Viewed 3555 times
My 2 wheeled bikes:
99 Elite S
97 Z50R
96 Elite S
89 Elite E x2