Aero 50 polini kit w/custom pipe and stage 6 carb

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Re: Aero 50 polini kit w/custom pipe and stage 6 carb

Post by Spruckus »

That looks really sweet man!!! Love the long and low look. Is it rigid suspension front and rear? If so how does it handle with it being rigid up front
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Not bad, its rigid for the most part, has some give to it. but it obviously doesn't do bumps or off-camber turns well haha. Rides alot more stable w the wider wheels and stretched tires, gives a flatter tread profile. The big problem is potholes- I literally cracked my motor mount on my last motor, ran fine just couldn't mount it up.
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

I was thinking about lowering the front of my spreeo more. It's already rigid rear as both my scoots are.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Do it- the sprees look good dumped out. If you jam a bigger wheel and tire on there it helps out.
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

Here's what it looks like now it's fairly low
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Probably the line is too short after he stretched it. :P
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Exactly. I need alot more brake cable and a little more throttle cable haha. Im planning on putting a brace bar in the center to run the cables down.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

That spree does look good at that height, I like the mild stretch.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

If I had European vision plastics for the rear I wouldn't of stretched 12", but I needed to clear the carb w/o just going w no plastics haha. But I like it this long now.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I have an sa50 brake cable laying around somewhere but I'm not sure I'll get 12" outta it haha. I'm currently using one of your throttle cables, I to think it's 72"
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Figured I'd post a pic of my worn out uni. Apparently sun doesn't do em well. And this stage6 carb is mighty leaky,too. Other than that, no complaints. I've been using this thing as my daily runner for a couple weeks now and she's pretty solid at this tune. I need a new pipe bad but I keep buying stuff for my prebug haha.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Spruckus wrote:Here's what it looks like now it's fairly low
I like your pipe. That's the one you custom made, right? Did you make it from scratch or from another muffler? I need a new one for mine, there's a couple aftermarket ones available for my motor but there hard to get and are all located in far off country's it seems. I'm currently running the stock 88 sa50 pipe w 6k blue malossi clutch springs and 5.6 g rollers. Still loud cuz the carb and still not too bad off the line.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

So, I've been doing some math and I seem to be averaging like 70 mpg, sometimes better. That's close to stock numbers I think. Anybody else have any experience on mpg with a bbk? I'd think it would go down at least a little.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Re: Aero 50 Airsal kit w/custom pipe and carb

Post by R1Titan911 »

benji wrote:Hope the bong in the background doesn't offend anybody! It's legal here.
I just caught this.... :rock:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

So, this happened...
My ball joint snapped. Basically because I had an idiot install new ones a year ago, and he forgot (or just didnt) to put in the grease nipples nor did he grease them. A few months later I found out when I was investigating a creak in the front end. I put in nipples and greased em but I figured this was gonna happen eventually. Luckily it happened about a mile from my house, and it only snapped after I pulled over and slowed down to about 5 mph. I was just about to stop and check why it was feeling weird when CHUNKKKKKRRRRRRRHHH happened and my truck was lower haha. Walked back to get the scoot and had to run it around in the rain - it hates rain. Doesn't wanna idle, sprays water EVERYWHERE and it puddles up on the seat, collecting in my pants. And we are having some big storm too haha.