Aero 50 polini kit w/custom pipe and stage 6 carb

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Re: Aero 50 Airsal kit w/custom pipe and carb

Post by Kevinstonge »

Coming along nicely. I'm a sucker for a low aero. I always prefer oem front fenders, and I bet if you shim the front susp up a touch you won't get that undesirable contact :thumbwink:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ya I put a washer on the bolt that holds it on,but it's a Lil late haha.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Check it out, modified an elite e rack to fit. Looks a Lil sleeker than the fac one.
Image Image
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

So, any body kno if a ruckus wheel will fit an aero? I'm still wonderin what wheels to put on. Also, anybody kno how wide a wheel will fit w/o rubbing in back?
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

ruck wheel will fit. but you need to use the size tire thats on the aero. so you can run get the hub and run a 10x5. or be a big baller 10x8, youll have to get custom with the exhaust the wider the wheel you go with.
Kevinstonge
Elite
Elite

Post by Kevinstonge »

Benji, as hothatch has said the rear ruck rim will fit on the af05e without hitting the swing arm, but not all tires on that wheel will clear the crankcase. I'm sure you can run a 90/90 or a 100/90 without rubbing.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ya, don't wanna rub. If I run a hub I think I can run a 10x4 w/o modding the exhaust mount on the engine, but anything else looks like I'd be cutting off the muffler flange. Would the ruck front fit? It'd be nice to match, otherwise I might just get some chrome met rims or maybe graphites ensure racing set(I wish)
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Just ordered a fuel petcock off ebay, mine works sporadically. Paid about $13 after shipping. Really wish I could get this thing running reliably before it gets "officially" too cold to ride. Rode it to work a Couple week back and it made it in ok, except for it randomly blowing the main fuse every time I hit a bump (kept a few in my pocket, actually had to change one at a light while waiting for it to turn greeen.) Then took it too lunch, got a half mile away and it dies on me, had to push it back. I figured it was junk or water in the carb cuz I could get it to start by tapping on the float bowl. It kept dying on me all the way home, and I had to have my brother come get me w my truck about halfway, just wouldn't start anymore.
So I get it home and clean out the carb(I think it was water, all kinds of greyish slime in the ebay-carb), give it fresh gas w some extra seafoam, and fires right up. So I take it to Safeway about a mile from my house, go to leave, and it dies, pushed it home. Tap on the carb and give it a couple shots of carb cleaner, fires up great. So I take it out and make the burnout vid above, and it dies on the way home. No fuel and it won't flow, and suddenly the fuel filter fills up like crazy fast and it fires up again. My tank looks clean from the filler hole, so I'm guessing a dry rotted petcock.
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

That would be the next thing to look at after a good carb clean. My bike was running out of fuel and bog down, then I changed out the old fuel petcock and it went away.
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Petcock arrived last night, haven't put it on yet tho.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

So, I've decided to go w the naked look on the bars. I've got a set of drag bars and an ncy quick throttle coming in the mail, and a bmx stem and 2 shorty brake levers. I wanna stretch it and thro an atv(or ruckus,not sure yet) wheel on the back, put on a drag slick and my new burial pipe which should be here soon (thanks s4patrick) and go drag racing around everywhere >;p
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I've got the stem on using a shim I made from an old bmx bike stem(ruckus style) and I'm using a black haro 4 bolt headset and some bmx clamp on brake levers that seem to work w the brake lines. I'm not gonna run a turn signal switch kill switch or headlight yet, I might thro an led fog light on the front panel just too satisfy the popo we got around here.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Image Image
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Got my drag bars and they were the wrong size, shoulda known ordered them out a china. So I went to Lowes and picked up a peice of 3/4 copper tubing 24" long. Works great looks even better, I snuck over to the pipe section and grabbed a tubing bender and put a slight bend on each side, about a 3/4 inch pullback. Feels great riding w it.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Got it running too. Wasn't the petcock, it was my filter haha. I'm running filter less again til I grab another one. Don't kno what's up w mine, maybe got clogged w moisture or somethin. But I got an extra petcock now.