White 84 Spree Se50 Motor Swap Build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Drifter562
Spree
Spree

White 84 Spree Se50 Motor Swap Build

Post by Drifter562 »

Hey guys just wanted to post my project took me, three engines, countless side projects, and various women to finally get to it lol anyways heres my pics and progress

Spree motor off ready to go through minor surgery muahahaha

Braking Bones

Se50 Mount Lined up used a makita saw with metal cutting saw blade to cut mount. Also be sure to cut from the left of mount first then cut what you need from the right side of mount to leave flush because if you do the opposite that metal piece that goes into the hole in the spree frame well be way off to the right and wont go in no matter how hard you try( well it involves shaving loads more metal which is probably something you dont want to do if you could do it right the first time

Shock mount hole drilled got to get a shorter motor mount bolt as the one from the SE50 it extends to far out used carbide drilling bit size 11/32 bolts fit almost perfect .5mm of play which is nothing really because once you add the washers everything should be nice and snug also used the same 11/32 drill bit to make the motor mount holes on the spree bigger

1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Re: White 84 Spree Se50 Motor Swap Build

Post by 1man8scoots »

Nice!
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

Here's how it looks with engine on frame

Hers how the bike looks with everything on still got to attach cables hoses and electrical however I need some as the connections are different I'm going to research some posts now

Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

So here's what i found out,

kingkamehameha Wrote:

First of all there is no welding or machinery needed. I did the swap on my little lanai with just basic tools. Trafficjamz made a write up on how to modify a 87 elite mount to fit perfect and it is very easy to do. The shock mount is just a hole drilled tru the frame with a m10x140 bolt that goes through it. You can tack weld it in place if you need to but i didnt. The spree stator can be used with the SE5050 mag so that wiring is plug and play. The only issue i had was my huge rear tire rubbing on my mud flap after the swap??

Who can verify this?
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

So luckily I had an 84 stator and pickup. I tried to install them and lo and behold the stator fit but I had to move the rubber piece on the stator and pickup down further because it wouldn't exactly fit right off the bat but let's see if this actually works.

Here's with the 84 stator and pickup on
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

Okay so i finally have most everything together runs and rides like a champ, I went to an atv shop down the street to pick up a new vacuum line and this bad boy hauls * got to repaint rims but need a new rear brake cable as the one i had was a pain the * to put on plus it was stiff as heck. On my way back I was on a 45 mph road and people were just gaping at the fact that they had to go past 50 to pass me up hahaha. I noticed there was smoke coming from the exhaust gasket which caused me some concern i was using alot of WOT along my ride and normally it leaks oil what can i do to fix the oil coming out of bore where the exhaust connects. Also on my way back the scooter soft seized so i know i'm definately running way too hot i've been using the jet that came with the Malossi BBK and running no air filter. I'll get a uni filter next week but right now the most pressing items are a new main jet for stock carb and also a rear brake cable.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Get the bigger uni filter, I've got one and it's better than no airbox but not by much haha. I'm surprised yours even runs without one, my afo5e didn't like it much, I was able to go down the driveway and back very roughly. Love the white! Can't wait to see it finished!
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

benji wrote:Get the bigger uni filter, I've got one and it's better than no airbox but not by much haha. I'm surprised yours even runs without one, my afo5e didn't like it much, I was able to go down the driveway and back very roughly. Love the white! Can't wait to see it finished!
I'm going to and jet among other things I'm running without an airbox or Bystarter It's definitely not something I would prefer to do but I can't wait just to have it as my daily runner I've got a malossi bbk and malossi Cdi great combo actually. Will post when I get more done like a sidestand
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

No bystarter like it's unplugged or removed? Unplugged is ok, should help keep it from leaning out haha, at low rpm atleast. I unplugged mine when I had my fac carb customers my idle circuit was clogged up
Drifter562
Spree
Spree

Post by Drifter562 »

Okay so I got a 60mm Naraku Shock Extender from RacingPlanet which in my honest opinion was a great buy as now i have clearance to run my tailight. I also bought a Throttle Cable for the Honda Vision you know split one, That wasn't such a great buy as its frankly mediocre and did not include throttle cap, FML anyways will post pics to show clearance before and after.

Also does anyone know or where i can obtain a Cylinder Heat Shroud as the one that was one the stock SE50 doesn't fit the malossi BBK Anyone?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Looks good man, good clean swap!
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Hi there! :hi:
Would you consider selling that Black 87's Spree Tail Light in the first picture? I am in great need of one for one of my bikes. Let me know, thank you! :D
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

I had the same kit on my afo5 an same issue with my shrouds. The 2 bolts that hold it down on the intake carb side i left partially out, tightening just until the shrouds began to separate and used lock tight so they wouldnt back out , i also used jet that came with kit and had no problems overheating, it needs those shrouds. No shrouds and vegas heat is probably why u overheated, no airbox prob didnt help either. Throw a polini 21 cp and naraku intake and intake adapter from graphite9 and that motor will really open up! Mine did 50 with stock pipe and got there quick.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified