Af16 spree swap.

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Af16 spree swap.

Post by Spruckus »

So I'm swapping an af16 into my 86 spree and I saw a recent build on how to do the engine mount. My question is... Is it normal for my mount to point at an upward angle. And that's with the rubber removed from the mount In order to fit like this.
Dakine
Elite
Elite

Re: Af16 spree swap.

Post by Dakine »

Yes, The motor is not supposed to sit flat/horizontal with the ground, the back is actually supposed to be angled up a little.

Which Mount are you using?
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

Dakine
Elite
Elite

Post by Dakine »

Do you know which Mount You Fabbed? The Bushings look off for some reason lol...

But that anegle looks fine to me lol.. These Motors are not ment to Run Horizontally.

:)
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

That's not right. The top part that's going into the frame needs to be shorter so it lines up proper. With that set up the mount won't have any room to flex and possibly crack the mount or the frame. You may be ok for a while but it's a time bomb. The mount moves on axis a couple of degrees when you hit bumps etc.
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

its from a 93 elite. I fixed the mount recently I had shaved the wrong side so I cut off the other side and now it sits in the frame just perfect and the angle is now pretty flat like ive seen on other builds in the forum.
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

After shaving down the other side and lowering the neck piece this is what I got looks pretty good to me.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

im slacking, i need to get that pulley shipped your way. gonna be sickkkk!
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

So I was replacing the snapping on my kick start and the spring and half moon ring pushed out and un wound sort of. So now there's not much if any spring back. I'm wondering if anyone has a video or a good explanation of how to fix my problem
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The Service Manual outlines the procedure to reinstall the spring/half-moon assembly. It gets easier with practice, and easier still if you temporarily install the kickstart lever to assist tensioning the spring once you get it hooked where it goes. The snap ring needs to have sharp corners as does the groove in the shaft it locks. If either is worn, the kicker likes to pop inward.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

thanks wheelman I found the info and got her fixed up perfect. I forgot about the manuals on here.
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

So long time due here's an update
Here's how it sat once I got the panels to all fit correctly
Had to heat and bubble for the CT intake and 17.5 carb[URL=http://s85.photobucket.com/user/bamdude ... 4EA3-A24E-
4D05FAABE8D1.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
I wanted to buy the technigas next r pipe but funds were not allowing so I did what I love and made my own
Last edited by Spruckus on Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

very nice and unique
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Nice man! Dig the Pipe! I was a combo welder for A LONG TIME and now i'm just an office geek, this will motivate me to get back under the hood haha! Is your mirror doubling as a kick stand? :thumbwink:

Also, I am totally on board with trying to keep the plastics as stock looking as possible. Any trick to bubbling out yours? Anything you would have done different?

:popcorn:
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

Haha thanks yea I love to try and build something if it's cheaper then the production item. For instance I have zero $ in this pipe. Also the mirror isn't the "kickstand" the handle bar is haha and the mirror is folded out of the way to allow the bar to touch the bench. As far as bubbling the plastic only thing I'd do different is use a hard ball or something other then a screwdriver cuz it has some lumps but I massaged it out and am now happy with it