Future Spreedio

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Ultraliner

Future Spreedio

Post by Ultraliner »

Just picked this up after work tonight, another '84 Nifty in average shape. Looks like it's been dropped at some stage - Broken left brake lever, sidecover, rear indicator ect

Apparently the guy had it running but not 100%, reckons it would bog down and not wind out properly. The airbox lid isnt fitted properly and the pipe isnt fitted to the carb... Also got a big dirty crack in the exhaust where the header pipe joins to the muffler... I think that might be problem solved, will find out at the weekend

Also picked up this AF18 bottom end at the weekend, checks out pretty solidly from what I can tell except for the piston/bore is poked. It has a 90cc BBK fitted but I think the guy went too far too soon and killed it

Ive done quite a bit of reading on here but any extra tips for getting this to fit into the Nifty frame would be great!

Probably will take me a wee while to start getting into this one, should be pretty fun to see how it eventually works out tho ;)
Attachments
AF18E.jpg
AF18E.jpg (138.91 KiB) Viewed 4045 times
Blue Nifty.jpg
Blue Nifty.jpg (128.95 KiB) Viewed 4045 times
Ultraliner

Re: Future Spreedio

Post by Ultraliner »

Update:

Had the blue Nifty up and running yesterday afternoon(even took it for a cruise around the block!) All the usual small irritating problems were preventing it from running, bad gas and stripped carb threads, airbox and intake pipe not fitted properly

Took the carb off my running bike and had this one going in no time

Bought a set of Dio wheels at the weekend for $25 that came with 2 spare brand new tyres and will be grabbing the remaining disk brake conversion parts, possibly the starts of the fork conversion bits, exhaust and carb for the AF18 this coming weekend

My 48mm BBK from Taz has been stuck in NZ customs for the last week or more so will have to wait until this is installed and running until I start on the blue one - Cant leave myself with nothing to ride!
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Had some spare time and nothing to do at the weekend so thought I might as well get stuck into it. I managed to get the supplied Dio mount to fit after a bit of shaving down but will need to add a bit of strength to the left hand side.

Its all pretty dirty and rough at the moment but not too bad for a mock up. Will also need to look at getting one of Graphites rear shock adapter plates, pretty happy with the progress tho!
Attachments
Mount modified ready to fit
Mount modified ready to fit
Engine Mount Modified.jpg (142.96 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Dio mount and Nifty mount
Dio mount and Nifty mount
Engine mounts comparison.jpg (112.73 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

These dont seem to be uploading in any particular order...
Attachments
Motor temporarily fitted
Motor temporarily fitted
Motor Fitted.jpg (155.63 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Mount fitted to frame
Mount fitted to frame
Mount Fitted.jpg (156.91 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Ultraliner

Post by Ultraliner »

Top view showing mount fitted to frame, motor in position
Attachments