Ultimate sleeper street drag build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Ultimate sleeper street drag build

Post by CalvinB »

Ive been wanting to play on peoples' misconceptions about what scooters can do. I want to build a scooter around a pretty stout 200cc + gy6 motor and put it into an either less than promissing chassis (I have a 92 razz that i got for 50 bucks) or a reallt girly scooter (read light blue yamaha vino/ classic vespa looking bike) and take it to the local strip to run on the street race class. Also keeping it looking fairly tame and street legal.

What do you guys think about the build and do you know of anyone who has done this before? Also where is a good place to go for a good monster gy6 recipe?
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
'86 Honda Spree "problem child"
'94 Yamaha RazZuma viewtopic.php?f=20&t=32666
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Re: Ultimate sleeper street drag build

Post by hothatch85 »

gy6 are good motors if they are built correctly. they dont have the fun factor like built two stroke to me though. gy has the same torque throughout the powerband...boring. i like hoping on my ruck and almost sliding off the back of it from the powerband seperating my muscle from bone. that gets my panties in a bundle.

like G9 said if you want big CC youll need taida cases and every performance part out there so its reliable.

a stock 150 with a +2 stroker crank and the ncy 171cc bore will make for zero case cutting 183cc.
TinyElvis
Spree
Spree

Post by TinyElvis »

Riding a 232 gy6 is an amazing feeling! I love both. But, I went with DIO due to costs. And I'll admit it's a bit more fun. Smoking dudes out is a blast!
For racing, I'd agree with G9, a two stroke is your best best. Just need to tune, and tune, and then tune some more.
Honda DIO 3 ZX Live, Malossi, WindJammah!
CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Post by CalvinB »

I have a couple 2 strokes that are fun, but I was looking for a bit more of a muscle car type feel, goes it a straight line like a mof, but that's about it. Like I said I want it to be a bit more of a sleeper and I feel like with a 2 stroke, it would be more noticeable, but I might be over thinking it. But at the end of the day I just want to wreck kids driving their mom's Audis to the eighth mile line.

I used to build Beetles so for anyone that knows that life, I'm looking for a 2332 turbo feel, too much power for the chassis, goes like *, a little scary, sucks as a daily, but takes up a lot less space in the garage.
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Post by CalvinB »

Does the vino 50 2t have the same engine as the zuma? Thats a much better sleeper than a zuma lol

I also know a guy who has one and i might be able to talk him out of it for cheap
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I think the vino 2t does have a mina clone. That would be a sick sleeper, maybe do a 90cc long case haha.
EastCoastCB
Spree
Spree

Post by EastCoastCB »

Build out one of these... ULTIMATE sleeper
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Hahaha, yes do it. I got an extra 36 volt motor laying around, I've been wanting to make an electric drag scoot but don't have time. I'll give you my motor, supposedly you can give a 36v motor 60 volts and hit 40 or so, but fast electric motors have lots of torque down low.
EastCoastCB
Spree
Spree

Post by EastCoastCB »

benji wrote:Hahaha, yes do it. I got an extra 36 volt motor laying around, I've been wanting to make an electric drag scoot but don't have time. I'll give you my motor, supposedly you can give a 36v motor 60 volts and hit 40 or so, but fast electric motors have lots of torque down low.
I've been thinking about such a project. :rock:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

WELL.......
I heard that the motor speed controllers don't like the added voltage, so I've been thinkin of maybe just a button that gives full power to the motor. If it's drag then you don't need less, maybe a second button that just uses one bat for idling back to the pit.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

If you decide to do it, I'll help however I can. I'll send you a motor and a couple wiring diagrams with my idea laid out.
EastCoastCB
Spree
Spree

Post by EastCoastCB »

Would be fun to dust off traffic on the barbie scoot!
DO IT!!! :peace:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

And leave the tassels on.
CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Post by CalvinB »

So it has been a little bit since I posted this thread, but I've made progress! I have been trolling Craigs and Ebay for a while, and I have acquired the 3 most crucial components to my new bike.

First I got a '94 Razz from a friend for $150 bucks because it doesn't run well, and has some other cosmetic issues, but he had the title, so MINE.

Then I got a 2005 Zuma that was wrecked but the engine is good other than some marks on the trans cover, and the carb leaks like a MOF, no title $100 bucks.

Then I talked my wife into parking outside so I could work on the thing.

Now what do I do?

Also anyone need a Razz Engine or messed up Zuma parts?

Once I start the build I will post a new thread with pics
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
motormike

Post by motormike »

CalvinB wrote: Also anyone need a Razz Engine or messed up Zuma parts?
Post those parts in a thread in the Non-Honda For Sale category.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"