RazZuma?

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Re: RazZuma?

Post by CalvinB »

So where it stand right now.

Engine is fully built, engine and shock mount are made. Wiring harness is literally plug and play. Needs new throttle and rear brake cable. But it starts and I've heat cycled it a couple times, sounds wicked.

I still need a couple pieces of body work, the cables I mentioned and a rear shock. The rear shock it from my spree, and is way too soft. It will bottom out with about 80 pounds on the saddle and I am 165, so its only a slight problem. Right now I am trying to either find a shock with a much higher spring rate, or redo the mounts. I would rather replace the shock so if anyone has any ideas that would be awesome.

Also I have the stock seat over, but I am reshaping the foam which is why it's off.

Overall it's looking pretty trashy, but mechanically brilliant which is exactly what I wanted.

Big thanks to Graphite9 and Scooterswapshop.com for all the help on the motor, this thing is going to be way scarier than I hoped.
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
'86 Honda Spree "problem child"
'94 Yamaha RazZuma viewtopic.php?f=20&t=32666
CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Post by CalvinB »

benji wrote:....Looks so good. Drop that thing and start drag racing!
I would lower it more but I'm worried about speed bumps. I already hit frame on my Spree, and it's only 2 inches lower than stock. But with the Mina the lowest part is the pipe, not a useless little bit of frame. I also cant raise the front of the engine any more than it is or the plug will hit the frame. I could move the engine back a bit too, but I like where it is at.

I think I am also going to hit all the white spots where the paint as been scraped off with ferrous paint and let the plastics rust. I'm not going to go this viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29509 far though. Even though that looks awesome.
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I feel you on the speed bumps. I just go around tho. Good point on the pipe, never thought of that.

I've seen a polini (I think) or maybe gy6 rear shock arm that adds a shock on the right side, that might help w the weight capacity
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Just hard tail it law, nah just look for adjustable shocks on eBay.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I didn't wanna be the first to say it. But I'm hardtailed on my aero. Not bad w a decent tire on the back, honestly.
CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Post by CalvinB »

I just ordered an air shock from Scooterswapshop. I think it will be better since I can adjust it for mad launches.
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Post by CalvinB »

So this weekend i spent about five hours trying to get it started again . Turns out the coil is shot. It must have been on its last legs when I started it before. In the service manual it says spec for the coil is .21 to .42 ohms at room temperature, it was at 1.4 ohms. Oh well.

Should i get a razz coil or a zuma one?
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Post by CalvinB »

It lives! I've been working on the bike today and got it running consistently. I have to remake one of my engine mounts to double as a shock mount for the new shock. Once the mount is done i can ride it !
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Post by CalvinB »

It's going to be pretty fun. The razz probably has similar power numbers to my old Ninja 250 but is about 260 pounds lighter. Too bad I have to work today...
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Post by CalvinB »

What the * have I made!?!?!

I took it for a few rides over the weekend and it took a while to get used to. Before I think about applying any amount of throttle I have to made sure the front wheel will stay down. And since it's a new motor I haven't gone over about 1/3 throttle! I will take some pictures when I get home but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever build and I am so in love with it.
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
Hellish100
BMX
BMX

Post by Hellish100 »

I thought I was the first one to create a RazZuma but you beat me to the punch.
Here's a quick pick of mine: