86' Spree-70cc polini-Minarelli

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

'O'VerSe
BMX
BMX

86' Spree-70cc polini-Minarelli

Post by 'O'VerSe »

Just moved to Oregon from Cali a year ago. New to the forum. Scooter enthusiast of both Honda and Yamaha. Mainly there 50cc versions. Anyway, owned a 1993 Yamaha jog since 1994. Needed more torque down the line. Ending up dropping in a 90cc minarelli, some performance upgrades and couldn't be happier. Well that left me the old 50cc minarelli with nothing to put it in. I'd like my girl to brap with me. So I picked her up a 1986 spree, not to too terrible condition. Mainly for the overall scooter weight. Pics later. So I lined her up true. Welded in a motor mount. Everything pretty much plugged together after that. Came across a smoking deal on Craigslist for a bunch of New parts for a decent price. And this is how it sits.... 86 Honda spree , minarelli (cvt) engine,70cc ported and polished polini corsa, 19mm dellorto, stage6 reed, Athena sport exhaust. Now if I didn't get such a great deal on parts I would have chose my set up differently. But hey as it sits now. I have less than 10 miles on the new cylinder. Top speed of 46mph. At 10,600 rpms on a 93' stock crank.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 86' Spree-70cc polini-Minarelli

Post by benji »

Absolutely, that thing sounds like a hotrod.
'O'VerSe
BMX
BMX

Post by 'O'VerSe »

Thanks yeah...I'm in Wilsonville. The spree is practically done till I drop a racing crank in it. The combo right now wants 12,000 rpms. And on a stock minarelli crank with 8,000 miles on it I'm still babying it in the 10,000 range. Probably 50mph. Having trouble trying to post pics due to size. Might have to resize somehow. I was working in Portland not to too long ago I guess right down the street from your shop. I should stop in sometime.
1986 Honda spree-Horizontal Minarelli-70cc Polini Corsa-21mm Dellorto-Stage6 intake-Stage6 V force reeds-Hoca variator-4g rollers-Motoforce clutch-Tecnigas Next-R exhaust
'O'VerSe
BMX
BMX

Post by 'O'VerSe »

Yes I will. And just give me a time and place this summer. From what Ive been reading lately there's a pretty big Honda scooter following here in Oregon.
1986 Honda spree-Horizontal Minarelli-70cc Polini Corsa-21mm Dellorto-Stage6 intake-Stage6 V force reeds-Hoca variator-4g rollers-Motoforce clutch-Tecnigas Next-R exhaust