New To Forum, New Elite Owner

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

scootscootin906
Noob
Noob

New To Forum, New Elite Owner

Post by scootscootin906 »

Got my First Scooter beginning of September have to say what a blast. Got a bone stock 1994 Elite S SA50P All Original Bone Stock. Got it off my neighbor kid didn't know what he was doing.
Stock is exhaust was wasted (pic below) luckily he had some other random scoot parts and tried a razz assembly on it, after I ordered the crush ring bolted it on and so far so good. Kid was running it no gasket 1 bolt in head and flange, and crazy loud running like crap with cobbled honda exhaust.
I've had a lot of different toys 4 wheelers 3 wheelers snowmobiles crotch rockets. I've had more fun putting the 230 miles on this then anything else I've ridden. Tuneablity is similar to other 2 strokes in the past so don't have to learn anything new.
These little motors are so amazing at what they do considering I've ran chainsaws with bigger motors. Haven't put much into it other then gas and oil and few little things. My initial investment was super low so makes for more upgrades to achieve little more speed before it gets to cold to ride and the snow flies.
Thinking of a nice winter build on it clean it up go thru it. Been totally stoaked owning it and riding it around are town in Upper Michigan perfect for scootin...

Any of the PRO-Builders got any tips for a noob looking to achieve 40mph...I'll have the winter to figure out what I want to do for a build.

Setup:
Stock Motor and Yamaha Razz Exhaust when compared to the stock honda was d*** near the same and was * of an improvement over what was left of original.
Stock Carb #68main,needle middle, - waiting for my jet to come in at honda shop. Until I found this website and started reading threads, I was lost at where I was going to find jets to be able to tune my pod filter I got for it. My honda shop pretty worthless for stuff like that. Found some information on here for the honda numbers called them up like need you to look up this number only one they could get was #75 so figure that was good starting point. Pod filter with stock setting was okay low and mid no top lol go figure restricted s crap. Hopefully today it will be in.
Restrictor plate on variator has been removed
Oil pump been blocked off and cable removed.
I pre mix 50:1 with midgrade
Nice day 70's out pulls 30mph all day long maybe cpl clicks past looking to achieve 40mph what's some budget build tips I could do before the snow flies??? Thanks for the input Appreciate any help greatly

Total investment to date:$130.79

Scooter: $100 cash-running with crappy exhaust
Razz Exhaust: $5 from neighbor kid
Spark Plug: $2.50+tax
Pod Filter: $9.95
Jet: $6.50+tax
Exhaust O-Ring: $5.95+tax
Attachments
SDC10292.jpg
SDC10292.jpg (161.5 KiB) Viewed 8872 times
SDC10287.jpg
SDC10287.jpg (155.38 KiB) Viewed 8872 times
SDC10286.jpg
SDC10286.jpg (157.53 KiB) Viewed 8872 times

1994 Elite S
All Original Bone Stock - Razz Exhuast to replace cobbled up original...
6000 miles on odometer
Upgrades this winter
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: New To Forum, New Elite Owner

Post by MrJumps »

keli variator or gears, a used pg short for like 60-100 shipped max would be an great up grade.

If your wanting it to get to just 40 probably a variator and a gear set would do it. you will loose the low end but gain up to 40ish
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

You scored bigtime with getting it for $100! Nice work! As you know, you have the restricted "S" model and if your only goal is to attain 40mph then you need only to de-restrict. The unrestricted versions of these scooters get 40mph all day in stock form. Here is some good information on this page about your ride: http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Honda/ ... eSA50.html

This next link has a very handy chart explaining gear & variator ratios for these scoots. On the first chart you come to, you'll see that the SA50 and the restricted "P" model both share the same gear ratio. However, pay close attention to the Variator Ratio & Overall Min Reduction. Theres a big part of your top speed. As Mr.Jumps suggested you should get an aftermarket variator. http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5?t ... ion_Ratios

For exhaust: The stock SA50 one will be sufficient for your 40mph goal. Post a "wanted" ad in the proper forum for what youre looking for and Im sure someone has one laying around. If not, try Ebay.

Carb jetting: I bet someone else has better info on that subject than I do.

All this is assuming your goal is 40mph and youre on a budget. There are endless options to make it faster/quicker/better but those have a higher price. Theres enough reading on this site about all that to make your eyes bleed. Have fun!
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

i got them shiny black side plastics for sale ;) Pm me for more info its off a 2001 elite sa50
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

welcome and congrats. I was in the same boat when I first got mine. a good variator and gears will get you to 40. please remember you get what you pay for. buy cheap now could cost you more in the long run. good luck.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

That bike should do 40 just by getting it de-restricted. You can get into ~45 with a set of gears on the stock tuning...
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
scootscootin906
Noob
Noob

Thanks everyone for your respones. Totally awesome. jakubman1 = I have the rear plastics and the fairings took them off, like the framey look and saved few pounds of weight. I will continue my research on the clutching. Other then the few things I want to change. Little bugger runs amazing never skipped a beat, turn key hit switch boom its running. Most the scoots in my area are of the chinese variety. Next spring want to get a scoot ride day setup in my area do some exploring nice to have other's to ride with that enjoy the sport. I've put more miles on my scoot the month and a half I've owned it over my car. If it's warm enough I take the scoot. I have to get a photobucket account so I can link all these pictures I have there big files so been shrinking them to fit on my posts. Will setup account later and get all my pictures linked up. Cpl more pics of the steed. I rolled the 6000th mile on the odometer was pretty amazing. Got it with 5825 miles and it's at 6056 right now. Running like a typical Honda "Purrrfect". Will post more pictures later.

Thanks all for the information and the compliments.
Attachments
SDC10293.jpg
SDC10293.jpg (147.27 KiB) Viewed 8842 times
SDC10290.jpg
SDC10290.jpg (159.65 KiB) Viewed 8842 times
SDC10289.jpg
SDC10289.jpg (158.72 KiB) Viewed 8842 times

1994 Elite S
6000 miles on odometer
Upgrades this winter
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Proper maintenance will ensure many more miles to come. I suggest getting a fresh air filter in there pronto. When those foam filters get old they start to flake off and tiny bits get sucked into the carb and cause all sorts of problems. I bought a Spree once dirt cheap that wouldn't start. The guy I bought it from said he tried to get it going with no luck. I took it home and opened the air box and found he had put a KITCHEN SPONGE in place of a filter! Still had the scrubby on one side and everything! I put in a new filter, cleaned the carb and she ran great for months until I finally sold it.

Take your foam filter out and look to see if theres any dirt/gunk/crud in the belly of the airbox. If theres is, your filter is failing. I just take the box off and blast it with a hose and compressed air. Clean and dry with a fresh filter, your motor will thank you. Only a mere $10.

You can buy an air filter from many places but I recommend this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Elite-50- ... 3f&vxp=mtr

I buy a filter from this seller for every bike I have and the quality is top notch.
scootscootin906
Noob
Noob

Funny you mention carb lol, when I first got it I took it all off and cleaned it right away. Cracked open the air box and it had half a briggs and stratton filter stuffed in it wow...Waiting for my jet to come in at the honda shop see if thats the match for my pod filter waiting to put on. d*** honda shop didn't want to help me first time said oh have better luck looking online yah right arm and a leg for 1 jet and a maybe. Found the numbers on the forum called and they found 1 they could order so went with it, idiots have to do all the work otherwise they don't help. No call from them today yet...boooo.... kinda nice out at the moment but looks like rain, then no scootin :( d*** UP weather....

1994 Elite S
6000 miles on odometer
Upgrades this winter
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

You'll soon realize how useless the dealer is...like going to the Ford dealership for Model T parts. Good rule of thumb is to buy parts made in Japan or SOME things from Taiwan....nothing from China. Theres a reason its dirt cheap. A lot of the top names for aftermarket goods (Malossi,Polini,etc) are from Italy and they are of the highest quality. If you need a good source for a certain part, just post a question asking which one to get and where to buy. With all the Scooter-heads on here you'll get pointed in the right direction.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

That bike is in great condition, even the seat has no rips! Good find. I have a stock unrestricted pipe from a 2000 elite that will fit that bike $60 plus shipping they go for 80-100 on ebay. Rip city spree is right, theres alot of junk parts out there so be careful, they sacrifice performance, give u no gains, or u gotta modify them by sanding to prevemt air leaks (ct intake, pg pipes). Check scooterswapshop.com. under "dio" thats refering to the af16 motor thats on that bike, there very sought after because therr tremendous potential. Vari, gears (no taller than 16x42), jet, stock pipe, u shud see 45-50 no problem. Or corsa/contessa bbk, pipe, intake, carb for $600-$700 and u be passing cars, popping wheelies, and never going back!
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

It's hard to go back. Feels like I'm riding a bicycle sometimes.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
scootscootin906
Noob
Noob

Hey guys little off topic of my elite but this little bad boy popped up for sale cpl hrs away from me. Wondering what you guys think it's worth? Owner says he rides it all over. It's unknown year Honda Spree with NH50. Missing some trim and what not. Couple pics below look at the odometer???? If that's accurate holy balls that's a lot of miles and still running. d***!!! I think it'd be perfect for my ole lady get out and ride with me. WHATCHA THINK?????
Attachments
received_1196657707071084.jpeg
received_1196657707071084.jpeg (211.37 KiB) Viewed 8788 times
received_1196657703737751.jpeg
received_1196657703737751.jpeg (144.22 KiB) Viewed 8788 times
received_1196657710404417.jpeg
received_1196657710404417.jpeg (188.65 KiB) Viewed 8788 times

1994 Elite S
6000 miles on odometer
Upgrades this winter
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Id pass on it...Looks like its been "band-aided" too many times to keep running. Theres just too many of them out there to buy something like this. Spend $100-$200 more and get a nice clean bike. Winter is coming and people dump off their bikes for cheap during the off season. Just wait and watch the ads. Act fast when a good one pops up.
scootscootin906
Noob
Noob

Hey guys, wondering how much plastics are going for. Thinking of getting rid of my rear plastics, so so condition side skirts, battery cover, and as soon as my jets in at the Honda shop, have stock air box assembly minus element as well. 94 elite s plastics rears good shape all bolt holes look good. Side skirts are pretty skuffed up and tabs missing, both rear bolt mounts are there though. I can send pics to email if anyone interested. * work week last week when on commission. So trying to figure a way to gather the extra funds to get a aftermarket variator and a different exhaust pipe to get rid of that yaha junker before snow flies. Poor dad with a ole lady and a kid lol. Do trades as well, do have pay pal. Did a verified gps run on the beast today kinda cold and started to rain but once got warmed up squeezed 31mph out of it. Kinda of gusty to here in da UP today so doesn't help my speeds. And yamaha pipe sucks *... Just looking for some old aftermarket pieces lol nothing fancy. Thanks all For Always having awesome input on everyone's projects. Going for as weird looking as possible for my area makes people more curious then I can get more of a following with others. Lots of scoots around no way to communicate with them other then go rippin by them at 50 haha... Lots of the Chinese bikes around here cpl zumas, and cpl metros. Majority is Chinese junkers so should make for easy competition soon as I get it dialed in... :D

1994 Elite S
6000 miles on odometer
Upgrades this winter