Elite dissasembly

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Elite dissasembly

Post by Cmoped9 »

Taking some more things apart on my elite, putting a BBK and Polini 24mm carb on it. Others who did this, what did you do about the electric choke/by starter thing that is on the stock carbs? Cut the wires? Unplug it somehow? I've got quite a few questions, so I make sure to not do something wrong.
2000 Elite SR
Malossi Cast, 24mm Polini (36/110), 9.8 gears, Naraku intake, PG long exhaust, 6k yellow Polini clutch springs, 5g roller weights. Top speed: 60mph
bonesv

Re: Elite dissasembly

Post by bonesv »

The bystarter wires unplug right there next to the battery, same place the engines alternator plugs in. You won't need to do anything with the stock carb wires just install the new carb and the vac line, fuel line. It's good.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

Alright, cool, thanks, any recommendation on what about the oil tank?
2000 Elite SR
Malossi Cast, 24mm Polini (36/110), 9.8 gears, Naraku intake, PG long exhaust, 6k yellow Polini clutch springs, 5g roller weights. Top speed: 60mph
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

I left my oil tank in place and used gas to flush it clean. Then bought a simple ball valve from home depot. Connected it to the line where oil goes out to pump and mounted it back near rear tire next to polini choke cable. I then filled it with pre mixed gas. So in a pinch i can open valve and pour gas into empty soda bottle i keep under seat. Then transfer into tank. It holds almost one liter or 1/4 tank. Look on brandon S scooterswapshop face book. Scroll down to recent or visitor posts its the purple SR with a pic of trail tech vapor also. I have a pic of the oil tank ball valve mounting on there. Its right above the black clutch bell.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
motormike

Post by motormike »

Cmoped9 wrote: Cut the wires? Unplug it somehow?

Whenever possible, UNPLUG the wires.
CUTTING wires is NEVER an acceptable answer.
Wire Harnesses can be ruined by getting careless with wire-cutters.
Parts can be ruined by cutting wires.
Be smart...save those headaches by not cutting wires.
THE NEXT GUY will appreciate you... :wink:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Post by Cmoped9 »

I'm not quite sure where the plug in is for the oil tank to unplug it. But hey that's a good idea with the gas.
2000 Elite SR
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

I just gotta ask this.........those oil bottles leak oil all the time out of the rubber seal around the sensor. Why would you think it wouldn't leak gasoline out onto your scooter? I've heard of others doing this but I don't think that I would. Has that happened to anyone?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Yes, some fuel does leak at the rubber seals. The gauge sender may or may not produce a spark when the level rises and falls, so it's probably a good idea to remove it and plug the socket with something firm. I ran the sensor and it served as a "low fuel" warning lamp. I didn't blow my backside up, but your mileage may vary. Nothing much sticks to the polyethylene material of the tank, especially if there's oil residue, so a boat-type pressure plug might be best.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Ive had mine like that with no leaks so far, i left the oil sensor alone cuz with gas inside the light stays off. But my bike is also a 2000, very clean. I plan to do same on my 93' which could leak since its alot older. Good point on the leak, never thought of that..
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified