Af16 Spree build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Cascadiaspree
Noob
Noob

Af16 Spree build

Post by Cascadiaspree »

So I'm starting my first spree Dio and want to make sure I have everything sort of figured out before diving in and would really appreciate advice.

First: do I need an elite throttle cable to do the swap? I know the elite have a second cable that works the oil pump, however will the pump still deliver oil without it?

Second: is it worth it/needed switching over the spree stator into the af16? I'd rather keep the af16 whole as I'm not positive that my spree stator is 100%.

Thanks.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Af16 Spree build

Post by MrJumps »

The reason they say to swap the stator over is because its easier to seap, but you can splice and dice it up together. As for the throttle cable, year if it has the oil conected, or you can plug the pump and premix. Ive even heard of people tieing the pump wide open.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Cascadiaspree
Noob
Noob

Re: Af16 Spree build

Post by Cascadiaspree »

Awesome, that helps a lot. From what I gathered the stator swap was just about wire harness, just wanted to check. Switching terminals in the connector is no a big deal, done it a few times in my Land Cruiser build. Excited to get the build going. Will post pictures as going. Thanks guys.