1996 Elite S Max speed without BBK

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

H0ndaElite50
Noob
Noob

1996 Elite S Max speed without BBK

Post by H0ndaElite50 »

Hey forum, I first off want to thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge and making this site a awesome source of information on this hobby.
I'm trying to find/document a setup to help me graduate my speeds from the 30's club and hopefully move on to the high 40's or low 50's with out having to go BBK.
My setup so far:
1996 Elite S (Converted to run like a SR) SR exhaust, SR Throttle cable, SR carburetor, etc...
Changed spark plug to BR8HS.
Flushed/replaced oil with some Motul 710 2T.
Dumped old gas and refilled some fresh 93 octane fuel.
Changed oil/gas lines with HELIX clear lines.
Stock wheel/tire setup
I ride mostly flat and so far at WOT I get these numbers:
I plan on doing a round of upgrades that I read will get me 45+. Please feel free to chime in and let me know what has worked for you and how I can improve this setup before I place the order.

*****Stage 1 Upgrade parts list:******

I'm stepping my gear game up to a 15X42 (9:8:1).
Malossi Ramp
Polini clutch springs
Polini Belt
Keli Variator
Dr.Pulley slider weights 8.5grams
IRC MB520 Tires Front:3.00-10 Rear:100/90-10
That should be good enough to get me to 45+ right?
Here is a pic of the scooter I took over the weekend. Thanks in advance.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 1996 Elite S Max speed without BBK

Post by MrJumps »

You should hit 40 easy with that build set. I have seen a stocker get up to almost 50. Your low-end will die though because of those gears.
Nice purple body, love the color.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Cmoped9
Spree
Spree

Re: 1996 Elite S Max speed without BBK

Post by Cmoped9 »

Just my 2 cents, I have not used the dr pulley sliders, but if I could go back to when I started my mods, the very first thing I would do is buy a good complete set of roller weights. I bought one package thinking a it's all id need, and didn't want to spend the measly $25 or so on a whole set, but now I've had to buy a bunch of different weights to get the best one.
I really like my 9.8:1 gears, good acceleration.
2000 Elite SR
Malossi Cast, 24mm Polini (36/110), 9.8 gears, Naraku intake, PG long exhaust, 6k yellow Polini clutch springs, 5g roller weights. Top speed: 60mph