*SGT SPREE*

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: RT powered *SGT SPREE*

Post by MrJumps »

Did you mix a littlr dish soap in the water cooling line? I thought it was a pc cooling thing... well d*** lol. Looks nice, a little funky with the taller bars but im just trying to pick the bad things out because im jelly of it. Hot bike
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

MrJumps wrote:Did you mix a littlr dish soap in the water cooling line? I thought it was a pc cooling thing... well d*** lol. Looks nice, a little funky with the taller bars but im just trying to pick the bad things out because im jelly of it. Hot bike
haha thanks, i hate fighting water lines, dish soap makes life easier. the tall bars are temporary. when you tree swap you either have to cut the tree stem down or chop the handlebars down to make up the gap. i have some chopped handle bars getting sent to me. it will look like a "normal" spree :ndance:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

How normal can a spree look with a sgt straped to it?
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Got tired of waiting around for dude to send me a set of lowered handle bars. so i took the time and did it myself last night. Much more acceptable gap.
going to start wiring it tonight hopefully. got the harness ripped out of the ruckus soooo im getting closer! :ndance:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

If you ever plan on getting a little lean on you may want to pull those hoses up to the frame better. I assume you will when running your wiring. But thats gonna touch the ground if you wanna kill your chiken strips.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

MrJumps wrote:If you ever plan on getting a little lean on you may want to pull those hoses up to the frame better. I assume you will when running your wiring. But thats gonna touch the ground if you wanna kill your chiken strips.
yes its still all very mocked up. ill run the harness on the other side. i still gotta get all my hose clamps. its a zip tie mess right now.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Looks good mang, :thumbwink:

I'm CCiPhantom from TR :hi: Think i'm going to start my Spree build thread here to GET more bike specific assistance.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

graphite9 wrote:hey i have seats if you need
im not gonna use a seat unless i absolutely have to. i have a minty one hanging up in the garage.

got the harness laid out last night and i cut all the useless stuff i wouldnt need anymore. Horn, blinkers, all the E start junk, etc.... then i threw it on the bike to get an idea of how it would all sit. should be a piece of cake. i was only really worried about the ignition and kill but i think i got it figured out.

im going to use some more of the carbon sheet i have and make a dash plate where the speedo was. ill mount my stage6 rev counter/temp gauge there as well as my quick release kill. ill try to get that done tonight so i have something to show for my work.

ended up using my old ruckus hand controls paired with some pro taper pillow top grips.

pictures to follow
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

Can't wait to see that dash that sounds like a great idea. Also I didn't know you did your bars yourself was it as easy as just taking a section out of the bars and welding it back together to close the gap? Keep up the good work man it looks killer as all your scoots do
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Spruckus wrote:Can't wait to see that dash that sounds like a great idea. Also I didn't know you did your bars yourself was it as easy as just taking a section out of the bars and welding it back together to close the gap? Keep up the good work man it looks killer as all your scoots do
Dash is drying right now. i dont know if jb weld was the correct "glue" to use but it seems to be holding :crazy:

yeah i did the bars, cut cut weld. easy.

got the bike mostly wired up last night. the key turns everything on. water pump is working. going to get the coil mounted tonight and check for spark (which i should have) tomorrow should be the maiden voyage if everything goes as planned. Pretty wild just a few months ago this bike was a frame with little promise of being a runner.

i get like 3 hours of work in a night before the sun comes down at 8, ive been pushing every day to get it done. i wont make street legals tonight, but for sure the next event in two weeks

real pictures are coming! for now just look at my snapchat update
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Badassness!
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Bike is done. It's very very fast. Much fatter then the ruck frameImage
Image Image
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

what are you gonna do about the break light? I just put the lamp part off my plate holder and got a 2inch red led strip and it does the job.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

There's an led one mounted. I'm up loading a video to my photo bucket
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite