Side stand for SA50?

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Side stand for SA50?

Post by vintagegarage »

Is there a current source for the SA50 side stand that is pictured in this old build topic from 2008?

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... &start=105
bonesv

Re: Side stand for SA50?

Post by bonesv »

Webike.net in Japan. Shipping is expensive but doable. http://japan.webike.net/products/8497071.html Add to cart to see shipping and total. Takes about 11-14 days
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Bones..

That link gets me going in the right direction.. much appreciated.

I do see that the model in that specific link says it is for a Tact and is called a model NK-127, so I did a quick search for Nishimoto side stands on the Webike.net web site and can see that the pictures of the all the 100 or more Nishimoto side stands are all the same generic photo. I guess that means the chrome part is the same on all of them, but the mounts are different depending on the bike or scooter. For example, a DIO side stand is either NK-160 or NK-129 and a supa Dio is NK-135 and so on.

I'd like to get the exact one that is in the post from burnt_toast. Is that the model NK-127?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

vintagegarage wrote:Bones..

That link gets me going in the right direction.. much appreciated.

I do see that the model in that specific link says it is for a Tact and is called a model NK-127, so I did a quick search for Nishimoto side stands on the Webike.net web site and can see that the pictures of the all the 100 or more Nishimoto side stands are all the same generic photo. I guess that means the chrome part is the same on all of them, but the mounts are different depending on the bike or scooter. For example, a DIO side stand is either NK-160 or NK-129 and a supa Dio is NK-135 and so on.

I'd like to get the exact one that is in the post from burnt_toast. Is that the model NK-127?
Yes. NK-127 is correct for sa50. It says that in the small print. For SA50 frame. I have ordered them before. Now I get similar side stands from Graphite9 and they're made by kitaco/daytona. I like them better and it is sold by usa guy with excellent web site; scooterswapshop.com http://www.scooterswapshop.com/products ... side-stand
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Bones.. thanks for the quick reply. From the photo on G9s web site, it is unclear to me how the one he sells mounts to the frame of the SA50. It would be great if there was a photo of it mounted to a SA50, or a sketch from the mounting instructions so I could see how it mounts. I'll PM him for more info.. thanks again.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

The one I got from g9 I mounted under my motor mount. Kind of a pain but it was easier to reinstall with my motor off. I love the stance it gives though tougher working on that side of the bike when not on a stand which is rarely. Not sure if that's helpful. When I get a chance I'll get a pic
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

vintagegarage wrote:Bones.. thanks for the quick reply. From the photo on G9s web site, it is unclear to me how the one he sells mounts to the frame of the SA50. It would be great if there was a photo of it mounted to a SA50, or a sketch from the mounting instructions so I could see how it mounts. I'll PM him for more info.. thanks again.
It's fairly easy to mount and you don't have to remove all the floor plastics like the one from Japan. You have to pull the bolt out of the motor mount and slide the whole motor backward with mount attached to it. Then from the underside of the flat plate area, you drill two holes for the small piece to fit thru inside. Leave it in there and slide the motor back into place and replace the motor mount bolt, tighten it good, then mount the side stand from underneath with the two nuts. Done. You may have to remove the rear brake cable from the brake arm but just so you can slide the motor out about 4"-5". Drill the two holes from the underside. It'll be easier, trust me. :wink:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

vintagegarage
Elite
Elite

Post by vintagegarage »

Bonesv was correct once again.. many thanks Bones.

The NK-127 side stand is exactly the same one as in burnt_toast's old post from years ago, and it fits an SA50 perfectly. Besides the two bolts with captive nuts that are visible in the burnt_toast photos, it has a third bolt with a captive head that goes through an exiting hole in the frame that is visible in the photos, but I hadn't noticed it.

I mounted it yesterday, and it is very sturdy. The mount itself is very beefy. The third bolt with the captive head that goes through the existing hole in the frame really ties it down. The only downside I see is that it blocks the last few numbers on the VIN decal, and that you have to lift up the floorboard to install the mount. I wrapped that part of the VIN decal that gets covered up with soft plastic hoping that that will protect the VIN decal from damage. Once mounted though, at least you can temporarily remove the side stand and leave the top bracket and captive bolt in place if you have to view the VIN and then you can re-install the side stand without removing the floor. I suggest that if you get one of these, you should put a dab of Walthers Goo, or 3-M trim cement, under the head of the captive bolt so that if you do remove the side stand to look at the VIN plate, it will be easier to reinstall the stand without removing the floor board.

I ordered it online on Saturday night, the order was acknowledged by Web!ke on Monday, shipped on Tuesday, and arrived at my house in Florida in the mail on Friday of the same week. Faster delivery than if it had come by mail from Chicago.

Again, thanks bonesv.. much appreciated.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

vintagegarage wrote: The only downside I see is that it blocks the last few numbers on the VIN decal, and that you have to lift up the floorboard to install the mount. I wrapped that part of the VIN decal that gets covered up with soft plastic hoping that that will protect the VIN decal from damage. Once mounted though, at least you can temporarily remove the side stand and leave the top bracket and captive bolt in place if you have to view the VIN and then you can re-install the side stand without removing the floor. .
The vin number is also stamped into the left side of the footrest frame. It has a cover on the lower side trim plastic which you can easily remove to see it. Hopefully it has the same numbers as the vinyl sticker below.....
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX