Honda SA50P Starting to derestrict

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Dbroogs
Goped
Goped

Re: Honda SA50P Starting to derestrict

Post by Dbroogs »

Knock out that tab in the airbox as well.
'96 Elite (57MPH)
Malossi cast iron 72cc
Stock setup: 6g rollers, 90MJ
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

And no zip tie the oil pump right? I wont be doing a BBK at all.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Whats the largest and widest tires i can fit on the elite without any rub ?? So far i just took the variator plate off and im hitting 35 :) But my stock spree with mlm pipe with fresh top end and 2.75-10 tires wth elite sb50 intake still slowly pulls away from the elite

:ndance:
ansneds
Spree
Spree

Post by ansneds »

Well I got the new jet in, drilled the exhaust, and took plate off variator. Top speed is 35 now! May get a new variator later on.
Currently own:
->1995 Honda Elite 50 (Derestricted)
Have previously owned:
->Multiple 94-01 Elite 50s
->1985 and 1986 Honda Sprees
->1985 Honda Aero 50
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

New variator, belt and clutch will help out acceleration and top speed w a stock bore. You should also be able to do a ruckus variator, but you might have to clearance out the tranny case for that, but it'll help top speed some. I was able to fit a 90/90 and a 10"x3" ruckus wheel on my af05 motor, but I had to space the wheel out a little bit to clear the case and shock.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

So if im not putting a BBK on my elite i wont need to mess with the oil pump right??

Do i go with the mallossi stock belt or the ZX mollassi belt?
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I wouldn't go w the malossi belt, I've heard it can slow you down, but never had it personally. I had good luck with the polini belt and the bando belt.

If your running stock bore, I don't see a need to mess w the pump. Maybe zip-tie it open if your gonna change the filter or pipe, since you might run leaner and a Lil extra oil might help.
ansneds
Spree
Spree

Post by ansneds »

When I took the plate off of my variator, I checked the belt to see if looked okay. It seemed to be in good shape, but if I get a Polini belt will there be any performance gain?
Currently own:
->1995 Honda Elite 50 (Derestricted)
Have previously owned:
->Multiple 94-01 Elite 50s
->1985 and 1986 Honda Sprees
->1985 Honda Aero 50
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Hard to tell- some belts work better w some varios, it's kinda hit n miss. I personally had the polini w a malossi multivar and it worked great. The bando seems to work well too, don't really see a difference.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

So im doing 35mph gps verified with just taking off the plate on the variator. Next is punching out 2nd tab in airbox and drilling out the exhaust washer. My belt looks great.

Ill be leaving the main jet the way it is. Im guessing its the #68. Also leaving the oil pump alone since im not fooling with the displacement.

But after a while i will be upgrading the gears from Taz and swaping the variator with a Keli . That'll get me up to 45mph easy.

What do you think? :thumbwink:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Might as well order some jets, for where we are located its good to have those on hand before you start messing with the intake and exhaust. Arent you on a stock Spree? Do you have a build thread? PM me your number and we can go for a ride and tune!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Definately get some jets, a naraku jet kit is pretty cheap and i think those motors are jet-limited anyway, but not sure. Especially if your gonna start putting holes in the box for more air, you'll need more fuel then.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Wait i thought just taking out that 2nd tab is ok without upjetting? No other holes the air box is sealed
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Is this just for a completely stock Spree? Some posts you have an Spree with a BBK or a Stock Spree or an Aero or your friends elite??? I'm confused on which bike you are working on...
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

oops let me clarify.

The elite is completely stock besides me removing the variator restrictive plate. It is the sa50p model 1998. Which is my friends bike. Which is the one iam tinkering with at the moment,

The 83 aero 80 is my bike. Which is stock

The 85 spree is stock besides a mlm peoples pipe and a sb50 intake. which is mine also

i couldnt get the bbk to work properly on the spree :(