AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by Meatball »

I contemplated elongating the tank to take up the space of the oil reservoir once the pump is deleted. This wouldn't gain you big heaps as far as capacity but it may add 15-20 miles to your travel distance.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT recommend trying this task yourself. Welding gas tanks is one of the most dangerous things you can weld. Even if the tank is empty, flushed out, clean and dry....vapors still exist and are very explosive. My thought was to take my tank to a professional and have it done.

Maybe Ive been watching too much Velocity Channel... :smile:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Unsure about expanding the tank, but Its very easy to utilize the oil reservoir as a pre mix storage. Ive done it on both my honda elites. It stores 1 liter. Approx 1/4 tank. Simply connect ball valve to end of oil tank hose( oil pump side). After cleaning out oil rez of course. These parts can be found in plumbing section of home depot, or local hardware store. One peice has ball valve and lever to open/close it. The other was an adapter that screw into it with a slip on nipple end similar to carb fuel fittings. The oil rez hose should push on if u get the correct size. Fill ur rez with pre mix, when u run out of gas simply open ball valve to empty oil rez contents into an empty water bottle( which i always carry). That shud get u to a gas station. Oh and dont forget to ride away clean.....
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

That is exactly what i was going to do with the oil tub lol. Just make it an emergency reserve :thumbwink:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I had the idea to tap my af16 with a vac nipple for a fuel pump and putting a 2.5 jerry can between my legs mounted to the floor with a line going into it that way I had 2.5 gallons to work with rather than the .68 gallons the spree can hold.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Ive seriously contemplated opening the valve while riding and getting a spark to it so i can leave a trail of fire behind me as i scream by. Like something straight outta Tron. G9 didnt think that was to good of an idea. Lol.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I have a question about that scooter in general when you get to riding it can you report back and tell me if the bike seems to feel heavy to one side. My spree dio did. It was weird.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Looks like you got 2" on these. You just need to push the fork legs higher into the triple mount, which the shorter lower leg design allows you to do.

That said, I'd be careful with that adjustment. On a full-size motorcycle with longer tubes, a 25mm adjustment (raising tubes in triple) makes a very noticeable change in handling, quickening things up. The shorter distance from triple to ground on a scooter should make these changes even more dramatic since it's the angle, not the change in distance, that you feel in handling change. I'd run this in 1/4" increments and see how it feels.

As reference, on my CB900F and GS500, I moved up the tubes 15mm in mounts on each bike as I tuned handling... and that was enough.
R1Titan911 wrote:Image[/url]

So these "SLAMMED" legs compared to the stock ruck forks they arnt so "SLAMMED" :imo: lol. I guess this is normal but i was expecting a 2" difference...
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

noiseguy wrote:Looks like you got 2" on these. You just need to push the fork legs higher into the triple mount, which the shorter lower leg design allows you to do.
Thanks Noisy!
The difference in measurement between the stock and NCY forks, from the axle hole center to the "bolt notch" center is ┬▒1/2". This measurement is what dictates the change in elevation, nothing else. Its the two furthest anchor points of the forks.
This being said, I put the stock ones back on to measure ride height, and then the NCY (Just from the ground up to a common point) and its ┬▒1/2" lower with the NCY's, give or take an 1/8th.

Thanks for trying to clear it up :2thumbs: but the measurements are what they are, and a 51mm drop is NOT what I got. May be deceiving to some because it's on a Spree, but it's Ruck Tree, Ruck Legs, Ruck Wheel so it doesn't matter. Trust me, I think about it every day I look at the bike. I even compressed the NCYs a few times when i got my handle bars on to see if they would settle just a little haha. NOPE. At this point i'm just trying to move forward with the bike and get it ready for the supposed March Ride here in FL. If you find any more information, keep me posted and again, thanks for your comments!
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

i say cut the springs :ndance:
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

R1Titan911 wrote:
noiseguy wrote:Looks like you got 2" on these. You just need to push the fork legs higher into the triple mount, which the shorter lower leg design allows you to do.
Thanks Noisy!
The difference in measurement between the stock and NCY forks, from the axle hole center to the "bolt notch" center is ┬▒1/2". This measurement is what dictates the change in elevation, nothing else. Its the two furthest anchor points of the forks.
This being said, I put the stock ones back on to measure ride height, and then the NCY (Just from the ground up to a common point) and its ┬▒1/2" lower with the NCY's, give or take an 1/8th.

Thanks for trying to clear it up :2thumbs: but the measurements are what they are, and a 51mm drop is NOT what I got. May be deceiving to some because it's on a Spree, but it's Ruck Tree, Ruck Legs, Ruck Wheel so it doesn't matter. Trust me, I think about it every day I look at the bike. I even compressed the NCYs a few times when i got my handle bars on to see if they would settle just a little haha. NOPE. At this point i'm just trying to move forward with the bike and get it ready for the supposed March Ride here in FL. If you find any more information, keep me posted and again, thanks for your comments!
It just could be that NCY is referring to the drop in length vs. the oem Dio forks pictured here in Black/Gold. The Silver/Gold are Smart Dio forks, then all black are the Metropolitan drum forks, last is the RRGS drag forks. Sizes are as follows: from axle centerline to the notch at top of fork, starting at bottom, 13 5/8", 13 3/8", 13 1/8", 11 1/2" Hope this may help......
097 copy.jpg
097 copy.jpg (200.19 KiB) Viewed 8721 times
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

bonesv wrote:It just could be that NCY is referring to the drop in length vs. the oem Dio forks pictured here in Black/Gold.
I have to beg the differ, the ad states to "These legs will lower the front of your RUCK 51mm" . Nothing to do with a Dio. Maybe an overall difference in length vs a Ruck Fork? Who knows what the hèll they mean by it lol! I do know that G9 checked with NCY and they are what they are.
Just food for thought... my Ruck forks are not brand new so who's to say that they are currently the full length they were 9 years ago rofl.
Edit: I just saw Meatball's NCY legs for sale in the ads. His are 2" longer than mine. Maybe their ad references 2" lower than their longer ones and not against a stock Ruck one, WHO KNOWS!

Either way, got some CHEAPO mirrors in :rock: and installed the shorty TRS front brake cable (PERFECT LENGTH!)

And on to this :nervous:

Keep on keepin on! Love the input guys. Still a day by day process for me and learning as I go. Sourced an Elite harness from Jakub and going to wack the connectors off and splice them onto my Spree harness for some plug n play action. I posted a "NAME THAT PART" thread so maybe yall can help me out there :thumbsup:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

hothatch85 wrote:i say cut the springs :ndance:
Or remove em :ndance:
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Does that groove on the top of the leg allow upper bolt to pass by and "lock in" top of leg? Not that familiar with these forks. If so, you can't raise the legs in the tree like you can on most street bikes.

Yeah... don't cut the springs. You could contact Sonic Springs about making a custom set (shorter+stiffer), but lowering on shorter springs = less suspension travel... which is typically a bad thing from a performance perspective.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Your going to use the elite harness? what made you go that route? the spree one is plug and play with the af16/af05, i used the stock harness on my first mina spree as well
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

noiseguy wrote:Does that groove on the top of the leg allow upper bolt to pass by and "lock in" top of leg? Not that familiar with these forks. If so, you can't raise the legs in the tree like you can on most street bikes.
No, that groove is for the upper bolt. You can slide it up as far as you want, but you wont be able to put the top bolt in lol. Yes I had a Cafe GS750 and I could make my height adjustment there. Not on this bike though. I wont be cutting the springs, they sell a lowering kit for the "slammed" NCYs I believe lol! TRS has them.
Last edited by R1Titan911 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.