AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

The Corsa on my elite was fast as * on a spree it's fing nuts! That said its a beast if you want to go balls to wall 70-75 built well. I just bolted my Corsa on no porting or anything and hit 70 on my elite with a pipe that wouldn't rev past 10k. imagine that on a bike that ways considerably less.
Were I to do a milder build I'd go with the contessa with a low mid pipe. I had that set up for awhile and it was killer light to light and still got up to 60.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Polini 24mm
Corsa
Keli or polini vari
Mallossi belt
9:1 gears
Scorpian pipe or any of the ones g9 carrys match almost perfect with the corsa.
Temp and tach gauge are a most.

If you where to only do a few mods trying to keep a budget

Corsa
Gears
Pipe
Vari

You will see 60 all day long.

I highly sujest the carb and manifold too, just for the better performance and no bottle neck to the fancy parts you just dumped money into. Should really need a after market clutch, you can wait out on it until it wears out. Just springs and a contra for your pipe and bore.

Ive also been told the mhr kit is nice from mallossi, but everyone fights over the corsas.i would also sujjest if you are gonna rebuild to get the cases split and matches and new bearsings and seals to the bottom end. If they look good when you have it apart you can chance it, but that is your call. Anyway you can use what ever parts you want, these are just the parts I see going on bikes time and time again.

Also again let me stress this a tach and temp gauge are a must to properly tune your exspensive parts.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Stock Gears 12.1:1?

There are (2) PG pipes on EBAY right now, one short one long.. But the photos look exactly the same. Is it just a difference on the internals? I still dont know the exhaust lingo for 2T's short & long unless its just length of pipe or if its the volume it moves...

Short
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Elite-50- ... qs&vxp=mtr

Long
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Elite-50- ... qs&vxp=mtr
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The pics in the respective ads appear to show the venerable, rather Fragile PG Long. The Short looks different, it doesn't have that bulge aft of the bracket. The Short was the best overall pipe I've owned on Corsa-equipped Flash 3.26, to just north of 71MPH. There are better pipes, but not for the $150 I paid. Graphite or someone can probably get closer to that price even today.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

The ruck wheel will require an sa50 front brake panel, the ruck panel is too thick in my experiance. The rear ruck wheel should fit but you'll need to use a spacer or a washer and maybe an offset shock w a 90/90 or 80/90, again in my experiance. I've seen a couple of honda motors w red contra springs on a "stock" motor so I'm not sure if that's stock, but I would grab a contra and springs for the factory clutch of its working and in good shape. No need for an aftermarket w stiffer clutch springs imo.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

The front will be a full ruck swap. Forks, triple, stem, wheel, brakes, etc. The only thing that was needed were some elite bearings and races. I will not be able to use the Spree front fender without chopping it all up, but I can use the ruck fender, trimmed to match of course.

The rear wheel I hear fits fine with a 90/90 but I will need to offset the shock. This i will do with the shock mount relocator that I will mock up soon.

Not going to mess with the clutch right now, i guess this set up was just super clean and the spring still had color too it haha! I am so use to my Ruck assemblies have ol' brown crusty springs.

I have enough in my budget to start with a trailtech vapor, pipe, & bbk. Just have to source them and will be contacting SSS to see what they have.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

If you get a pipe, your gonna wanna mess w the clutch- engagement rpm makes or breaks performance, especially w an aftermarket pipe, those typically narrow the powerband.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

SSS 16x42 Gears ordered (Can someone translate what these are in terms of ratio? It is what SSS recommended)
90/90-10 Michelin S1 Tires ordered (FYI These are cheap right now on Revzilla, 2ea shipped for $53 bucks!!)
Snagged the super ultra rare collectible antique front basket from the ads here.

Prepping the rear light assembly i took from the "spree in a box" and painting the rear rack to match the front when it gets in.

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the "honda" logo on the side plastics? Its the logo under the "Spree". I am going to replicate this and print out some vinyls along with my VS theme.
I.e. 2" x 4" ?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I ordered a 90/90-10 too and waiting for it to show up should be today.

From what I can tell my pg short is a canister with a baffle and thats it, the pg long has an actual tuned pipe in it. If your wanting high end speed the pg long and if you want low en to mid end the pg short is what ive been told and read.

To be 100% honest with you though go with an scorpian pipe on the corsa if thats the route you go. If you get the mhr or one of the athena bores go with the pg short. If you wanna go with the stage 6 bore hit the scorpian pipe. Ive seen that many times and people have rockets with that setup.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Well I never had a parts bike to pick from and this "spree in a box" has proven its worth... All the tedious work to swapping and making sure every bolt and nut is clean is probably my favorite part!

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I ran a pg long on a Corsa and though it rattled right away it did me to 70. as much as I grumbled about the pg long it was a good lower level exhaust for the Corsa. It is pretty limited on Rpms as it doesn't want to go above 10k where some others run 11k -12k which gets you more in the end. When I get another Corsa I doubt I'd run that pipe but that's just me. SSS is selling some killer pipes that are better matches on that bore. They cost more but in the end if your on a budget the long is a good option. I bought mine as I was on a budget and needed a pipe asap. Id consider selling it if your interested let me I'd make ya a pretty good deal. Lowish miles unpainted with a superficial scratch on it(still not sure how it happened).
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

In answer to your post from the 14th, 16x42 secondaries yield a 9.19:1 ratio. In my humble opinion those are too short for a robust Corsa build. It'll take off pretty quick, but will need RPM to the moon to break 60. You can use 9:1 on a stock engine to approach or exceed 50MPH. Corsa has more power than that. Mine had a 10.5K top and broke 71 with 7.83s. Split the difference with 8.4s.
See here.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

I see, well I explained to SSS what my goals were and those are what he suggested so I bought em'. 65-70 would be cool but is really not necessary. 50-60 romp is where i need to be for my roads. Ill check out your link and do some learnin. So you sayin i should have went with the 17/41s? If i can cruise 50-55 all day id be rather happy, especially with some good take offs.

Anyone have the little honda logo on the side panels? Just honda, not spree thats above it.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Met up with Jakub first the first time and hooked him up with a 78 Jet for his buddies elite s. He brought along some other scoots! :rock:

This motivates me to GET WORKING ON THIS SPREE!. Was the first time i got to ride behind a 2T and OMG THE SMELL IS AMAZING!!!!!! :worship: lol

R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

New Shoes In Today! :rock: