AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by MrJumps »

R1Titan911 wrote:New Shoes In Today! :rock:

My tires where listed as s1 but are not that pathern...
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Weird. I saw a couple different Michelin patterns but all the S1's looked like mine.

Here is a visual size comparison for you Gnerds next to my stock Ruck rear with a 130/90-10
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

my s1 looks like that, jut got dont have a air pump so need shop to air for me. Very nice and soft tire for sure. 10x better than the kenda based off the thread and feel.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

MrJumps wrote:my s1 looks like that, jut got dont have a air pump so need shop to air for me. Very nice and soft tire for sure. 10x better than the kenda based off the thread and feel.
Did they come in? your previous post said the pattern was different, maybe that was just the ad?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

R1Titan911 wrote:
MrJumps wrote:my s1 looks like that, jut got dont have a air pump so need shop to air for me. Very nice and soft tire for sure. 10x better than the kenda based off the thread and feel.
Did they come in? your previous post said the pattern was different, maybe that was just the ad?
I was thinking my old kenda tire was the s1 I had the tire I was just tired. Its the correct tire, our tires are legit s1s.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Yea I love Michelin. Ran a bopper on my old 10x8 fatty set up and it handled awesome. Currently running a Viper on my 12x8 fatty and... meh, looks good :imo: but I can get it to slide out from under me in a turn, almost all the time. But it's a 140 tire, considerably wider than my 100 front, so i guess in a turn, the point of contact to the ground is not center with the front so the rear is trying to "get on around" when i get my lean on. Can't wait to see how a matching front/rear feels. Finally found my Ruck triple for the front end swap so hopefully that can be knocked off the list next week.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Not to jack your thread R1, but that mismatched tire thing is an excellent thought. If the diameters differ, tilting the bike over means there's a roll-axis twisting force on the frame and quirky handling effects. Yet ALL the sport bikes, indeed every bike I can think of has the skinny front and fat rear tire. Just to get that Look, are we sacrificing Function for Form?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Yes i agree there is a science behind WHY they have a slightly bigger rear tire on a "normal" sized bike. It must have to do with the balance of weight, center of gravity, etc. When it comes to our little scoots it seems like everything it "right there" so close in proximity, I feel that the short wheel base of the Spree will benefit from the matching tires.

Of course, on ANY fatty set up, even on choppers and super sports, you compromise handling with the FAT rear. But then again, its on what each riders intentions are, Gas n Pass in a straight line, or twisties. My situation, hit the beach 5 miles down the road and come home so i guess it really doesn't matter haha!

On my ruck, its just for looks to have the fatty, I lost top speed, lost handling, but look badasss looking at the reflection of myself in the windows of the grocery stores disturbing the peace with my briggs pipe :nerd:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

A fatty rear is good for handling you need a skinny front to take full intuitive of the fat rear. Look at gp bikes tires. Skiny tires loose lean, you want fat and wide tires. Like what comes on the fz-09 factory is oone of the better handling bikes on the market.
https://motorlands.eu/file/2016/04/Arge ... r-tire.jpg

They lean those chicken strips to the rim. Every tire is difrent, but those wider rear tires help your mass lean. A smaller front tire will loose a little angle and control if you match both its gonna feel really funky and your very liable to lay the bike over because you can keep leaning over until you hit the rim or lose the thread. Thats why the guys that run the dragon go one side smaller on the front to feel when they are leaning to just the right amount because the front tire will start slipping.

But you will not be leaning that much on a scooter, with you middle stand and the floorboard and all that you cant really lean knee. If you can, kudos to you, that s*** is hard. The only time J drug knee on the spree was when the spree drug me across the pavement.

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/images/page ... gray_1.png

I live on the dragon.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

I think you misunderstand the term "fatty". GP bikes and typical SS bikes have "fatter" rears, not "fattys"... But the oversized "fatty" reduces overall handling in the corners from my experience. Get on a SS with a big 280 rear fatty and compare it to a rear with a "GP" 190...

Here's my broscience behind it. Excuse my poor sketch and to confirm, IT IS NOT TO SCALE haha. My 140 in the rear is like a 300 on the back of an SS. GPs dont ROCK "fattys" lol.

I assume the FATTER you get the more you are offset with the point of contact to the center line of each tire. Maybe this helps on a radius, maybe it doesn't.. i don't know the wizardry behind it. But just from changing from stock to "FATTY" on my ruck, IT HANDLES WORSE, GP OR NAUGHT :naughty:

R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

can anyone tell me what trailtech vapor model # to get? Got a gift card for my bday and going to burn it on one lol.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I got the Vapor from Graphie and wished I'd done it 5 years sooner. You'll spend about $120, and at least an afternoon installing all the sensors and calibrating the speedometer function once you figure out where/how to mount the magnet. I measured mine with a paint spot on the tire to the mm, and punched in the values. The speedometer is less than 1% off the GPS. Plus it saves peak RPM and Peak temp; you know how valuable that information is for tuning. Unless there's a higher-level model I don't know about, you should be happy with the Vapor.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Jam up and jelly tight. Checked center with the stock wheel, it's the same. Gota love the "hole in a wall" used tire shops, 10 bucks n DONE. Just have to get some rattle cans and shine em up a little.

Last edited by R1Titan911 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Yea i celebrated my bday over the weekend. But today is my actual bday and the ONLY thing i got to open today was this :rock: Thank you SSS, great help and looking forward to the next part!

Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I missed it. What rims are thoes?
Wheelman-111