AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by R1Titan911 »

Got home about 6 and ambient temps are about 74*.
BREAK IN TIME! :ndance:
(2) Idles for 10 mins with cooling in between.
(2) Idle/Blips for 7 mins with cooling in between
(2) rides up and down the block with throttle blips with just enought throttle to keep her rolling
(2) rides around the community getting up to speed with about 1/3 throttle blips
On the stretch to the house I gave her a little 1/2 throttle and HOT DAMMMM! Talk about, throw me on the bed and take over babe :love:
I can't even explain the feeling I have right now. I have romp'd on some GY6, GETs, Rebels, Cafe's, ETC... NOPE, this give me the most satisfaction and i am not even near done haha! LOVE IT!

Coast about 300-330 teasing her around the community until i got pulled over by security lol it was dark...(hes cool with me and was like, WOW YOU GOT IT RUNNING!)

Then i said, 'YEA HOW YOU LIKE MY CUSTOM HEADLIGHT!" We have quite a few cops in the community so i wanted to be SEMI KOSHER HAHA! Security knew what i was doing, but he didnt know it was going to be so loud and so fast :hi:
Last edited by R1Titan911 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

If temps climb after you close the throttle fast then upjet the low jet if the temps keep climbing at wot then you need fatter main and if it still does you have a airleak.

You cant jet for a airleak so if you find one fix it not asap fix it then and there.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Scoot around this morning twisting up to half throttle and temps up to 350* no shrouds. When i let off the throttle temps went down pretty quick so i guess this is a good sign. Just at half throttle i feel like i'm haulingass because the bike is so small haha. I already did a preliminary air leak check on first start up with propane.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Put the shrouds on you fool, gonna sieze it up without them. All this hard work will be for nothing if you keep riding without them.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Enjoy! (Photo Bucket wouldn't upload this so I uploaded to Youtube :urban: (I had this at 1080vid quality but it's choppy still after uploading. New to this video uploading)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2zYl-RqfM

Shrouds on! Residential speed limit I averaged about 245*.
Never went over half throttle. On the romp she hits tween 275-315 but drops soon as I let off (Assume this is because my 45 Pilot lol)
1/4 throttle she pulls like a bat-outa-hèll :naughty:
Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got, I was checking my phone to make sure my speedo app was on.... 45MPH in what stretch that I had at 1/4 throttle :rock:
DISTURBING THE PEACE! HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON!!!! :2thumbs:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Awww yeah. Nothing more satisfying than riding a bike built by your own hands. All the money spent and hours of being hunched over turning wrenches pays off in spades. Congrats on your success, brotha!
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Thanks bud, just got to get her dressed up to hit the showcase threads. Everyone likes the naked look haha!
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Finally got to stretch her legs. :naughty:
Same results but hauls you know what.
1/4 Throttle Cruise 220-250
1/2 Throttle Cruise 250-290
WOT 315-350
Suprisingly, the plug is nice and brown!

She gets to 59 like RIGHT NOW! That was tucked on flats with minimal wind. And to top off the day, I got the FL ANTIQUE TAGS :rock: So i was legal and had my tails installed. ALL LIGHTS WORK TOO. Can't even hear the blinker noisy thing... Arrow is too loud haha!
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Looks like it's running well! Jetting looks to be right on the money or real close to it. Play with that trans a little and watch that top speed creep up. I was right around 65-67 on flat ground on the same setup.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

How much do you weigh? I'm 6'1" 230LB smushing that little Spree down to Earth lol. Currently on the 6G rollers the polini came with & Yellow Contra on a stock clutch. Have to get my speedo magnet installed and install my tach wire so i can check my revs.

From all the stories and builds i have read, I am scared to hold her at WOT for a long duration :nervous: But I am extremely happy with my temps on this motor so far!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I think you need clutch springs, maybe lighter rollers. Put in the powerband before the clutch engages or else it's bogging down.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

benji wrote:I think you need clutch springs, maybe lighter rollers. Put in the powerband before the clutch engages or else it's bogging down.
I may try the 5G rollers or mix 5/6. I think everything is running perfect. I wont know if im limiting anything until i check my revs. I agree with the clutch springs.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

I'm 6'1 and 200lb's. I was running 4.5-5 gram mix in mine if I recall correctly
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Did some longer cruising yesterday. At WOT Temps got up in the high 370s and scared me a bit.. Took her back home and upped my main jet to 114 (was at 110) and it is still the same. Turned my idle screw out about 1/8 and still the same. I know these bores can take a beating but I shouldn't be over 350 temps right? Isn't that about where the potential for soft siezing is? Still running the 45 main so when i let off the throttle the temps go down quick. Still waiting on my smaller pilots from SSS.

Was on my way home and BRRRR she died lol good thing it was only a 1 mile walk home haha. Still turns over but wont start. Time I got her home I was done so tonight ill swap the plug in case its fouled and check again. Hopefully its simple like that. Or a stuck reed or something. For such a bum ending I wasn't mad at all, I was just happy to be able to ride for a few :thumbwink:

Edit: I have been researching my butt off on safe temps for this corsa. I see some people hit 400 sometimes... I see some seize at high 3s'. I know im still "breaking it in" so i should expect to see higher temps, but how high is too high? Very possible i have an air leak too that i will check for again when shes hot.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Try restricting the air flow ever so slightly. The perfect air fuel ratio is 12.5-1. If dumping more fuel via the main jet isn't working, cut back on air. You may need to readjust the pilot, mixture screw and needle when you do this.

This was ripped from a jetting guide: Do not attempt to fine tune the jetting on a fresh engine. Break it in first with › to 1 hour of easy riding. As the rings seat in and power improves the fuel requirements will change.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.