AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by R1Titan911 »

Got her running again, i think i ran her out of gas... Tank looked like it had some in it but remember this is still my first spree so still learning even the simple things lol. Plug was fouled, put a new 8HS ngk, cleaned the carb, checked all the bolts, BRAAP. While i had the carb off i went ahead and just threw in the biggest main i had 118.

Jakub came over and took her for a spin. He told me that where i trimmed the shrouds for the spark plug, i needed to seal that area. There is a good amount of air coming out where the shroud is around the exhaust header, and some around the plug. Am i losing a lot of the cooling function with these openings? I guess 370 - 400 temps is normal for a corsa at WOT pulls for about 1/4 - 1/2 mile? I was scared to get over 350 :nervous:
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

I think you ran outta gas. The spree has a .66 gallon tank according to Honda. But from my experience you only have a usable amount of about .5-.55 gallons. I have ran mine out of gas countless times, so many that I installed gas gauges in both
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

How many tanks of fuel have you been thru so far? Also, 30:1 premix is too much oil, in my opinion.
I hope you're on 32:1 w/premium
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Yes I am running 32:1 premix on premium. I am on my 3rd tank.

At the WaWa on the way home before she died lol! A Yammy R1 pulled up next to me at a light and said "What the f*ck is that?" ROFL!

I trimmed my taillight plastics but not enough and was rubbing. AND the exhaust melted one side up to the turn signal lens... So i took off what i had to, but still have the tag on there with the brake light lol! Just an excuse to buy more stuff and figure out how i can run some LED set when the plastics are on.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I rode it yesterday !!! :geekdance:

fast as * and i just blipped the throttle lol
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

So you have burned 3 spree-tanks of fuel at approximately .6 gal each. and I read how you carefully heat-cycled it, then rode it gently but not quite sure of the jetting. After 2 tanks (.6 gal each) you rode it around then pulling wot for 1/4 to 1/2 mile at a time to experience temps north of 350 up to 375?
Maybe consider that the cylinder has not fully seated the rings (my reason for asking the brand of oil), as a full synthetic oil would not allow for a quick break-in of the rings due to minimal friction vs. conventional oil, in combination with the low mileage on the cylinder so far could bring your temps to be so hi. I'm sure the corsa is practically bullet-proof and you have been careful but in my estimate from the information I gathered, maybe you should continue to be careful not holding a steady, or wide open throttle for very long until there is more time running in the motor. Take the time to adjust the needle jet for optimal mid-range performance, and be aware that the main jet may need to be larger during colder climate. Just my thoughts, of course, ymmv.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Thanks bonez. I am running Honda GN2 oil. I have been trying to be careful and pretty much let off when the temps start climbing. Yes i feel i need to put more miles on her. I checked for leaks again at temps so everything seems to be in order. Just skeered lol. jets are 45/118 right now its been an average 75 degrees outside. With the 114 jet the plug was still nice and brown (Jakub can attest). So i will see how the 118 does tonight when i get home. Might go for a polini pod with that cover thing and down jet if it restricts some air flow... TUNE TUNE TUNE, TEMPS TEMPS TEMPS! :thumbsup: Just noticed my status became an ELITE :rock:
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Def throw some kinda pod filter on there! That jetting seems rather high. But it does change a bit after full break in. An air leak is also a possibility. I had issues with my arrow leaking around the slip on fitting area. It worked itself out with time and heat.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Wait, are you running w/o an air filter right now? Put a filter on there before your motor swallows something it can't fart out! Like mine, ate a 6mm nut and forces it thru the case.

If you have the option of running your oem box somehow, I'd do that. I run pod filters and there a pain to tune.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

No I have a stage 6 pod filter on there. Never ran without it. I was just thinking of the polini with that plastic cover thing to restrict some air flow as Meatball was suggesting.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Burned up another tank of fuel and with the 118 main she holds 300-320 WOT Same cruising temps. No bogs. Didn't pull the plug to see if i was too rich but didn't notice any excessive smoke... Now that I am more comfortable with the temps ill move on to my punch list items.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I think the polini one is only a rain cover. Kart boy sells a universal airbox, there are a couple more, but I don't think any of them provide any real back pressure(or vacuum I think) I've been looking for some kind of universal airbox too n I'm not happy w what's available. I was thinking of trting a kx65 airbox n filter, it's close to the same cc and it is a high revving bike w a pwk carb and a v-style reed block so it should be close to our motors.

Those temps are much better. I try to go slightly fat on mine just to be safe. I'm not really tryin to eek out that extra little bit of power, I'm tryna not push my bike home haha.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

I know everyone says these Polini carbs "sip" fuel and run 38/102 ish, but there has to be something with the EVO that I have. The pilots that G9 originally sent me for a polini didn't match the EVOs (mine were bigger). Wonder if that's why i'm so big on the main jet and pilot... From a regular Polini to an EVO carb there is a difference, i just don't know what lol!

Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

That box of jets is for the smaller polini cp carbs.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Yea that's what I returned, waiting on the bigger ones but bet hes waiting on International Shipping lol!