AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by MrJumps »

Rounding the coners off isnt needd it looks so beafy now I kiie the beefed up look
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Can't wait for my beef to come in a FedEx box hopefully next Tuesday, even with this hurricane closing everything down.

But i have to keep all the muscle hidden! Remember i'm going for the soft and sexy :love:
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

Nice score. You got it for $50 more than I offered him lol. If you have any Spree stuff you want to get rid of once you're done with your swap let me know. I'm in the Winter Park / Casselberry area.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Kustomkarma wrote:Nice score. You got it for $50 more than I offered him lol. If you have any Spree stuff you want to get rid of once you're done with your swap let me know. I'm in the Winter Park / Casselberry area.
Not a problem, now that I have the extra spree in a basket LOL. What parts are you looking for? I got a few buddies out in Winter Park. We go Villa hopping with our families for Staycations :geekdance:

As for the score, we did go back n forth on the price quite a bit. Went to far as him saying "This is as low as i can go, and ill buy the beer".

To my surprise, he was a man of his word and had the ice cold beer there waiting when i went to pick it up!
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

Basically whatever is left that you don't need that can be bought for a few brews lol.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Kustomkarma wrote:Basically whatever is left that you don't need that can be bought for a few brews lol.
10-4 ill get a list together and post on the classifieds here and we can shake out what you need.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi R1. Nice work. The wheels look sweet. :thumbwink:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I have some various parts on the side laying around once you get that list if you paying shipping you can have em.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Kustomkarma
Elite
Elite

Post by Kustomkarma »

Sounds Good!
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Just picked this up from my warehouse!!!! :geekdance: Fresh Indiana AIR (Hope its still cold!)

Thanks WWOLVERT!

Un-boxing later this evening...
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

I have to say BIG UPS to WWOLVERT. This purchase has far exceeded my expectations. With it being my first big purchase for an engine through a forum, I was skeptical and wasn't sure about the whole process with sending that much money through paypal to someone you have never communicated with. Wolvert stayed in communication with me all the way up until it arrived at my shop. I will let the pictures and notes speak for themselves...

Packaged LIKE A BOSS! (Probably $10 in tape, $10 in screws, 4 Trees,1 ratchet strap, and a matching 1998 milk crate lol)

Spree Bendix Gear as Promised!!!!

CRATE MOTOR :rock:

More to come...
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

I have no words to say...

Unbelievable condition. Thing looks like it went through a Honda Certified Used Car Inspection lol. Came with everything carb, oil pump, starter, wheel, brakes, brake cable, throttle cable, motor mount, bolts, EVERYTHING! Only one small plastic tab was broken off the fan housing, not even sure where it broke off from but putting it all back together you cant even tell. Even had a new spark plug and air filter. Rollers, ramp plate, etc. look in excellent condition. Belt is like new genuine Honda (size 23 i believe). Great compression, bearings smooth, and I am truly grateful for this purchase. Now I have to get my parts list together and start making purchases on the ancillary items i.e. shock relocater, frame stiffener, jets, exhaust, variator, etc. The review to WWOLVERT will be reiterated in the appropriate thread. Thanks HondaSpree.net !!!!!

:2thumbs:
wwolvert
Spree
Spree

Post by wwolvert »

Can you post a pic of the fan shroud?
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Now I have the big part out of the way, here is my goal.
Good top speed to stay with (or smoke) my buddies GY6 Ruckus. Speed limits around me are 45-55 on the main roads (Would like cruising speeds of 50-60).
Just a weekend warrior with the longest straight WOT distance, probably 8-10 miles Beach Bar Hoppin.
Not looking to be the wheelie king but getting the front wheel off the ground would be cool but I know its a happy medium to find with top speed gearing.
I'm 6'1" 210 LBS heavy weight contender.

So i'm looking for a good starting point for the major parts:
BBK: I read that Polini Corsa 72cc kits seem to be the hype but are sold out on SSS. Ill keep my eye open for one unless you can recommend a good alternate.
Gears: 8s? 9s? I read 7s will flip ya, no need for all that. I'm approaching 35 and getting brittle.
Pipe: So many pipes, i don't know which to choose. Prefer one that does not require trimming to the plastics, suggestions?
Carb: 24MM sufficient for my goals? Jets for my elevation at sea level?
Intake: Reeds.. I didn't even know whatthehell reeds were until I got this bike lol. Might just get the full intake/carb kit, but if just swapping reeds is ok, then ill do that.
Variator: Going with Polini, have it on my Ruck with sliders and love it.
Clutch: Now since i'm new to this platform, I noticed my clutch has 3 pucks and a RED spring, is this factory? (Not like the Rucks 2 puck) so is this clutch good enough for now? Remember I just took this motor apart yesterday.
Brakes: Starting with the Ruck front end for the bigger drum. NOW, I read that yes the Ruck rear wheel will fit with a skinny tire but will offset from center slightly. SINCE i have not done any cutting to my mount yet, can I make up this offset there? Instead of cutting one side, split the difference and cut the other? Then I would have a matching wheel set that is functional. Just checking...
Electronics: Just going to run a TACH for now, maybe temp.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Build will start to slow up from here as my budget allows. Still trying to sell a bunch of Ruck parts to help move this bike along a little faster.
wwolvert
Spree
Spree

Post by wwolvert »

Oh man, beach bar hopping on scooters sounds epic! I'm moving back to Montana I'm gonna need some studded tires.