AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Re: AF16 Powered "Victoria's Spreecret"

Post by R1Titan911 »

hothatch85 wrote:Your going to use the elite harness? what made you go that route? the spree one is plug and play with the af16/af05, i used the stock harness on my first mina spree as well
No i am just taking the connector off the elite harness. The Spree has a 2 prong connector with 4 loose bullet connectors and the elite had a 5 prong connector with 1 black/red bullet connector. Yes I am using the spree harness. It's just that one connector from the elite I am splicing in so I can plug/unplug as I need when working on the bike.
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Post by hothatch85 »

Yeah oem+ :ndance:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

R1Titan911 wrote: i am just taking the connector off the elite harness. The Spree has a 2 prong connector with 4 loose bullet connectors and the elite had a 5 prong connector with 1 black/red bullet connector. Yes I am using the spree harness. It's just that one connector from the elite I am splicing in so I can plug/unplug as I need when working on the bike.
I did the same thing when swapping an SE50 motor into the Spree. The Spree harness was plug n play but some of the bullet connections switched to plug-type which I raped from the SE50 harness. It was nice that Honda even used the same color coded wires for both bikes. Made it almost idiot-proof...I said almost :smile:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Meatball wrote:It was nice that Honda even used the same color coded wires for both bikes. Made it almost idiot-proof...I said almost :smile:
Even crossing over to the Ruckus controls, the colors are the same on what I have to swap over i.e. brake switches, horn, start, run/stop etc. lol LOVE YOU HONDA!
Started labeling and cross referencing wires so I know what to solder together.

I have a question though that I may ask in tech if i don't get the answer here. SO...

On the SPREE: run/on/off/start has 3 wires. Translates to; IF in RUN, then OK to START. IF NOT in RUN, OPEN CIRCUIT WONT START

On the RUCKUS: run/on/off/start has 4 wires. If in RUN, NOT OK to START, UNLESS brake switch is engaged, then OK to START. IF NOT in RUN, OPEN CIRCUIT WONT START

If your a MICROSOFT EXCEL guru then you can read that haha! :urban:

Question is... What wire is the BRAKE SWITCH trip wire on the Ruck and can i just bypass that?

HIGH TECH QUESTION I KNOW! :thumbsup:
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

LORD HAVE MERCY! Dont mind the Rear View lol, one of those days...

Suprisingly everything wired right up. The only exception were on the Ruckus had "red/"black wires which are really "GROUNDS" but instead of going straight to ground, they go to the ECU. SO taking everything apart and verifying i think i have it all wired up.

Simple question, what are these (2) wires left on the spree harness. they are by the motor connector and is yellow and green/black. They elite only has a 5 pin connector with a black/red bullet in which i already have swapped over. Are they for the electric choke?

All in fits even though i'm not using the fuel level & oil indicators.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

R1Titan911 wrote: Are they for the electric choke?
Yes, the Yellow - Green w/black stripe wires are the Electric Choke (bystarter).
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

SHE TURNS OVER! WOOOHOO! You know that feeling? Yup I got that feeling!

So I cut the start control wires back off and scratched my head for a minute. I put it back exactly the way I had it, after going back over and checking the positions of each wire on both the Ruckus controls and Spree controls.
Ruck Spree
Bl/W to Bl/W
Y/r to Y/r
Gr to Gr
Bl/r to Gr
Thought about "electrical components" and DING. Lets try swapping the starter relay and BAM! Start button STARTS! I had the 85 relay in there because it had the locking tab on it. Mine from the 87 was broken off but obviously a good working relay lol.

Only thing is it starts with the kill switch on or off. I think this is because i have the Bl/r wire grounded to complete the circuit. Ill look into looping that properly later. Super stoked, only had 45 mins to work on the bike tonight so it was well worth it. Still waiting on pilot jets from G9 and just want to get her in a running state and I will start snipping & tucking wires.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

SHE RUNS!!! AHHHH!! FINALLY :rock:

Installed the petcock, threw in some pre mix i had from the Express (Just lil bit of dominator 50:1) choked and RR RR RR BRAAAP!
I couldn't believe she idled so perfect for the first time. dropped the choke and only had to turn in the idle screw about 1/8 and shes purrr'n like a kitten.

I have my bottle of GN2 to start premixing properly but i read too many ways to premix for break in. What is it 32:1? I think i understand what to do for my temp break in. Heat cycle like 10 times and dont romp on it.

And about the control swap... I HAD IT RIGHT! well semi. My kill switch is wired backwards BUT IT KILLS IT AND IT WONT START UNLESS ONE OF THE BRAKES ARE ENGAGED! HAHAHAH

im just so stoked and amped up right now. I took a video and sent it to HotHatch but i have never uploaded a vid to forums yet. Ill figure it out.

right now i have 45/108 jets in it. (the 45 pilot is what came in the evo, so im waiting on G9 to send me the 35-40 kit) I dont know, it felt kind of nice lol, Stay tuned....
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

DELETE
Last edited by R1Titan911 on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Hells yeah! Been a long time coming for ya. Keep us posted on the first epic voyage. My "piece by piece" build is in full swing so I'll be celebrating shortly as well...hopefully.
jerz40
Elite
Elite

Post by jerz40 »

Good job! Its great to see the patience you have for all the work involved! I have patience, well, to a certain extent! :mrgreen:
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Gotta love those parts from g9! I built x2 elites with corsa and polini carbs. After the build 4-5 kicks and they idled out of the box! Beauty! Ur gonna love the power of the corsa and sound of that arrow! Careful though, 12'o clock will come quick on a spree. It did on both my elites, cant get enough of riding them!
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Heat cycles and easy low-speed riding for the first tank is what i usually do. After that BRRRRAAAAAAPPPP.

32:1 premix is what I use for my aero w/o oil pump, but some guys say 40:1 is ok. If your still running an oil pump don't premix- it'll lean out your mixture too much. Just throw like an oz or less in the tank.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Pump is deleted. So 32:1 for break in or go a little heavier? Then is it 30:1 after break in?
I did wire up the temp wire to the vapor and got her up to around 245* going up and down the block last night. Never WOT but mid throttle she wanted to pull hard :nervous: . so hard to resist but I just pulled her back in and parked it. Have to get my shrouds on there and space out the rear shock a little more. It did rub the paint off the rim lip (since i rattle canned the wheel lol), but didn't dig or scratch in anything. The paint on the spring is still in tact. Going to spend time this weekend snipping and tucking the wires.
What jet combos are yall using on your Corsa's? Im thinking 38-40/100-106 ish?

Punch List:
Break-In & Tune
Snip & Tuck Wires
Shroud Scoop & Paint
Rear Light Bracket Trimming
All lighting
Steering stop
Plastics trimming/bubbling & polishing
Decals & Stickers
BRAAAP!

Thank you all for the support. Still a lot of work to do but boy does this relieve a lot of stress now that she runs.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Sounds about right with the jetting, maybe even as low as 36 on the pilot, these polinis just sip the fuel. And might have to play with the needle. Up or down 1 notch from center. And 32:1 for break in and after is fine. I did that on 3 corsas and have 1000's of mi on each. Keeping the shrouds of during heat cycles helps it get up to temp quicker.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified