New scooter! 1988 Elite LX

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

BoldNewGraphics
Noob
Noob

New scooter! 1988 Elite LX

Post by BoldNewGraphics »

Got this little scooter just recently! It was in awful shape, with hardly any working brakes, lights or guages.
It was also painted a horrible all-over flat black, with an american flag on each side like some kind of stealth blackops scooter, invisible at night

Sine then I've gone over the basics. Rewired the ignition wires to have effective lighting, worked on the brakes, cleaned the filter, checked the airbox for mods, inspected the exhaust for any restrictions. It has 3.0x10 tires.

Repainted to white. From examining the layers of paint it seems to have been white>forest camo :crazy: >black>white

Im hitting 37-38 downhill now, 34 flats. 4,500 ft. elev, I weigh 175 lb. So ive looked around for awhile and it seems like good mods for hitting 45-55 would be a variator and a pulley. Any suggestions?
IMG_3409bbbBBB.jpg
IMG_3409bbbBBB.jpg (219.23 KiB) Viewed 3408 times
hothatch85
Elite
Elite

Re: New scooter! 1988 Elite LX

Post by hothatch85 »

You want the scooterswapshop slick willy exhaust. my buddy has an all stock 88 LX and we added the slick willy. went from 40-42 downhill to burying the needle 50+mph. i cannot speak for any other mods. this is what works for us.

EDIT: im fat i weight like 200
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Re: New scooter! 1988 Elite LX

Post by R1Titan911 »

Nice bike. I'm like super heavy weight at 211LBS. I don't have much experience for 2T tuning, but air, exhaust, and variator tuning did worlds of wonders on my ruck.