my new 88 prebug build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: my new 88 prebug build

Post by benji »

Ebay, and not bad. 111 euros(whatever that is in real money) shipped, and that's for the rear cover, spark plug door, and an underbody cover too.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I'm betting gears are gonna help, this thing seems like it has alot of power down low in rpm, and needs longer legs. And I'm planning on running a 130/70 or 130/60 on the rear so that'll drop my top speed since stock is a 130/90. Anybody know if vino gears fit a zuma? I've got a Chinarelli motor from a tng venice that I might try to swap the rear gears with.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I don't think so, it looks like it's for my generation. But hey I guess we'll find out haha.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I just got a letter in the mail that had a square yellow sticker that was blank, just yellow. I thought it was the sticker jumps was gonna send me but it got last in transit. I stared at it for like 20 mins tryin to get the joke, then realized it's yellow headlight film I ordered not jumps' sticker haha.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ran my truck outta gas the other night, Had to walk home in the dark and cold. But I was able to get a ride in and use the prebug to get gas and get back to my truck, so at least I got to ride. I've been working alot and it's been snowing so I ain't been riding/tuning like I should.

My plastics still haven't shown up.... hopefully there coming soon. Tracking says they were in new York last monday.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Apparently my plastics are stuck in customs, but I ordered up a euro taillight and the other half of shroud hoping they will all get here at the same time. Hopefully I won't have to wait forever for customs to clear my stuff and send it here...
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

I have yet to order anything overseas :nervous: lol. Always tempted too though with the low prices. I guess if i had the patients for "forever" shipping I would do it.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

My experience is that Asia isn't bad usually (taiwan, Phillipines, china,japan) shipping wise. Cheap and speedy. Europe on the other hand is alot more expensive and slower. This stuff came from italy, I hear horror stories about France n England tho.

My stuff showed up today! I'll upload pics in a bit. I'm a Lil sad cuz I ordered pearl white and the sparkplug door came in Arctic white. But whatever close enough. I ordered a euro taillight and fan shroud, I still need a smaller rear tire. I can't even put on the under tail cuz the big knobby tire hits haha. I also put in a mixture of 5g and 6g weights in the oem variator and it really livened up w the yellow contra and red clutch springs. I'm constantly on the pipe and the motor noise is nice and even, stays around 7-8k until it's fully variated. I haven't done any speed runs yet, waiting for at least 50 degree weather to do plug chops and more tuning.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Pics
Image Image
The undertail don't fit since I don't have the taillight yet, and cuz the tire hits.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Looks good! :thumbwink: What size tire you going to change the back too?
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I think 120/70 or 130/70 for now, but I think I'm gonna get some 12" booster 5 spokes w low pros eventually. I really need to vent the variator case or buy a vented one in white from str8 or tun'r or tnt or somebody.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I need to find a front fork setup too. I think I'm just gonna buy the tree and look for lowered fork legs. I'd like to have the huge 220mm rotor haha.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

You know I got new rubber for ya, bro. Just gotta make the drive. :smile:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Maybe it's cuz all I make are small orders? My bbk came from Taiwan and it was less than $50 shipped.

Meatball, I might make an offer on one of your tires. I really need one haha. But I'm gonna try to get you to mail it to me. Just tape an address label on it and ask em how many stamps you need!

G9, I need a vented vario cover for this bike, but I want one in white. Can you get those from str8 or tun'r or tnt or whoever? Also, does the top performances advanced timing key worth it or is it a bad idea?
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

What she looks like now w the taillight n plate from my aero