Spree mods with Jumps

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Spree mods with Jumps

Post by benji »

Maybe something not quite seated all the way?
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

From my experience with the afo5, even after many upgrades and mods it never produced enough rpms or breathed enough to wake up a pipe like the scorpian, my pipe was different, but the effect was still unridable. Bottom end was completely gone and it cudnt even get up to speed on long straights. The only time it worked was when i bombed a hill, then it screamed on top end. The engine performed way better with stock pipe and holes drilled inthe last baffle with self taps so i could replug them to experiment.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Meloshameless wrote:From my experience with the afo5, even after many upgrades and mods it never produced enough rpms or breathed enough to wake up a pipe like the scorpian, my pipe was different, but the effect was still unridable. Bottom end was completely gone and it cudnt even get up to speed on long straights. The only time it worked was when i bombed a hill, then it screamed on top end. The engine performed way better with stock pipe and holes drilled inthe last baffle with self taps so i could replug them to experiment.
Well I belive the clutch swap im gonna do will alllow it to take off at a much higher rpm to help it catch the band. If I can get the pipe welded and it fits well and helps the top end I will grab a nice intake and carb setup then get port work done. Maybe just maybe I can hit 45mph on the spree motor.

Also for the incoming seap a dio in it to go fast comments, ive already done that. My point with the stock spree is im board and I wanna work on something before I get too ill to go out and even ride the thing.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Well sad news on the scorpian pipe, I had to drop the deal with g9 to order a new bore for my other bike full story is on the af16 build on my spreedio.

Put the top end on though
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship: