Building a SpreeDio with Jumps

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Building a SpreeDio with Jumps

Post by MrJumps »

graphite9 wrote:bout time :)

your going to love that combo
Meatball wrote:Nice progress, Jumps. cant wait to see some youtube vids of you ripping around when its done. :popcorn:

Plenty of vidoes coming and yeah about time haha. Cant wait to start doing heat cycles. Gonna record a few without the silencer. Give it the brap sound then ill install it after break in.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Small update got my bore back from 1man8scoots, literly the best porting ive ever seen and my dad used to get port work done fro his cars all the time by "professionals" the shine on the exhaust is amazing. I feel like the quality of the porting is worth it if you want to get your moneys worth. A stock corsa will run just alright but when your stacking it with other high end parts it seems only nessisary to port it all to match the pipe and bore.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Okay getting ready to order a carb boot for the stage 6 intake, because I didnt read it right and the one that comes with it is way too small. Then I need to grab a few exhaust gaskets. My dad said he will give me the money for the Polini corsa pipe so I may hold off on this next order until then but I wont know until tonight. I had surgery so I cant work on my bike for 2 weeks, well they said no work for 2 weeks because I am fighting an infection and the meds im on are making me loopy and very very forgetfull. So thats another reason I may hold off on ordering.

I also got the corsa back from 1man8scoots and its really nice. If I get another bore it wil goto him in a heart beat. I know a guy local that has a af16 case and stator/mag setup for 125$ so I may save up and grab that here too. Then hunt down a bigger scooter to put that motor in.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Okay I got the corsa early for christmass but not the head bolts what a shame right? I went ahead and prepped it all and put the piston kn and circlips in and used a small screw driver to push on them to make sure they are in their slot. In the morning I get the other parts to spray the base gasket with copper coat, install the bore onto the piston then dry fit the oring onto the head. Then put the head nuts on and bring it to 10 ft lbs starting at 5 - 8 -10 rounds. Much like a car to keep the studs from stretching prematurely and get proper tourqe.

Shound I use oil on the head stud threads? If so 10w40 motocyxle oil work? I have every weight but thats the oil ive used on my car. For the head oring someone a while back said to go dry and I can see why, but wouldnt a light coat in 2 stroke oil help? This is not my territory for sure.

Still need to order the boot, pipe, gakets and 1 other suprise part but that stuff has to wait for a bit.

I figured out the lean in my mount and hopefully have corrected it. I also brought new hardware grade 8 bolts, nuts, washers mount the motor to and shock with.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Don't expect much "stretch" at only 10lbs unless your bolts are made of plastic. That only comes into play when head bolts are torqued to 60-70lbs or more on vehicles. I would still crank the bolts down gradually in an "X" pattern like you planned in lesser increments until desired torque is achieved. Basically to seat the gasket evenly.

Honda recommends to oil the bolts during head installation. I would re-torque after a few heat cycles and again after a few good rides. Also a good habit to check them whenever you have the plastics off as routine maintenance. I use threadlocker when putting heads on my vehicles but Im not sure if its ideal in a Scooter. I bet you get a different answer on the topic from other people.

O-ring: follow BBK's manufacturer recommendation...some o-rings you oil, some you don't....some even come pre-lubed with a coating that you shouldn't add anything to.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.