Building a SpreeDio with Jumps

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Building a SpreeDio with Jumps

Post by MrJumps »

Well I belive the very first head leak was my fault. I had to stack 2 head gaskets and didnt coper spray them. So I made a new base gasket and got 2 new head gaskets and then the base gasket leaked. Fixed that with another set of new gaskets and clean surfaces. Head leaked, got new gaskets on that again. Finally fixes the bore leaks. The pipe flange wasnt perfect and I went through 2 exhaust gaskets trying to get it perfect. It isnt leakjng anymore but the head had to be pulled off along with the bore here probably ina bit. Im tired of making gaskets on this bore and it isnt what I need right now. Im getting a little worn out health wise and need something that I know the taz kit qorks and pretty well, but I just cant get the kit to wlrk for me. The bore is still good with the piston and everythjng. If someone wants to buy a head for, ill sell the bore for cheap. It has some very light scoring from my horrible jetting skills, but nothing that cant be honed out and new rings over. Ive learned alot from the bore itself, things I rather not learn on a more unforgiving bore. It looks like I will finally have a bike running mid December this year which is like 40*F out weather. Thats okay though with the exsperiance and know how I have now I feel like it wont take too long at all to ckmpletely set this motor up correctly and have it running again.

Im thinking 10 to ship and 35 for the bore with piston, used rings, used base gasket with the material kncluded to cut more, the piston bits minus the top end bearing. So 45 for a kit that you could use with only a new head and head gaskets. Im not gonna post a for sale but if someone is interested just give me a pm.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

The ct inatke was about to fall apart into bits. It had obvious molding striations that cracked probably within minutes of using or even during instalation. I made videos and posted them to facebook of the cage falling to bits in my hands. So I now also need an intake.

But my order I got today included the stage 6 clutch in today but cant get the picture to upload. Its a solid clutch, you can change springs with a allen key no pliars and no stress. Took me 5 minutes to chabge to the orange springs and adjust it to 2 larg and 3 small tabs outward on the scale. Looking good and the springs are at about 7krpm at the moment I think. So a heavy bite.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

I have used the ct black from treatland. Better all the way around versus the ct chrome.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I am gonna go for the stage 6 or maruki one. Something a little moreachined and stronger. I tried cheaping myself on a budget and I have had no fun. Time to break the wallet out.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

Hi Mr jumps. Your spreedio looks good. We all know that speed cost money. By the way how fast is your Spreedio? I can do about 75 mph. It's stable at that speed but it's also scary.lol.
I'm going to be building a frame only Speedio. No plastics. LED headlight, LED tail light. The whole scooter will weigh no more than seventy-five pounds. :geekdance:
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

ped wrote:Hi Mr jumps. Your spreedio looks good. We all know that speed cost money. By the way how fast is your Spreedio? I can do about 75 mph. It's stable at that speed but it's also scary.lol.
I'm going to be building a frame only Speedio. No plastics. LED headlight, LED tail light. The whole scooter will weigh no more than seventy-five pounds. :geekdance:
Well my spreedio is doing 0mph for now I will be on a corsa and hopefully a better pipe than the pg short. Something that will rev it up. Im hoping to see 65mph stable up hills and such. 75mph would be pretty sketch. I have another spree that im doing just what you said tube only led brake light and a hid headlight, very simple built but on the stock spree motor with a bbk. Maybe it will get a af16 later. Ill have to get a better job to fuel my shanagins. Neither of my bikes are running right now though.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

I found Taiwan bores are not as easy to work with then polini. I also did not like that copper spray. the gas would melt it away.
it did take a while to get my setup working somewhat. The temperature still goes up at high speed. but I can Cruise all day. It's a pretty peppy motor.
Hope you get your scoot back on the road soon.
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Hey ped thats intresting some users sware by the copper spray for the corsa base gasket. I am gonna go that route you have to be kinda light but even with it. Also heat the can in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes. I had good luck with it.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

And let it dry. Your basically painting the headgasket w copper paint.
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

How did you find all of your leaks? I have a few leaks that I need to fix. And did you end up using the stock bolts after realizing you needed to torque them more than manual specs or did you go with aftermarket bolts (bolts for the bore and head).
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

I used the studs, if you use the bolts you risk ripping a few threads out they don't reach far enough for a bbk.

I cut my own base gasket every time it didn't seal, for head gasket it got copper spray and both leaks stopped.
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Which studs would that be? And what was your method for finding the leaks? I have a feeling mine is leaking somewhere around the base gasket like yours cause it won't start.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Well 2 things that intrest me about that. 1. When a bike has air leaks they are more inclined to starts. 2. Check for fuel ans spark.

Make a thread in technical help about this please I dont wanna clutter mine up. Thank you
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

So I have got a lot on my plate done. I don't have a ton of pictures but I will list it off and share what I have.

I swapped my good front rim onto the spreedio from other spree.
I painted both rims black.
I fixed my rear brake issue.
I fixed some wiring. Err uh fire issues.
I repaired my broken boot with a redhot coil and polini boot.
I got a stage 6 mk2 clutch for the sick digs.
I also got a bunch of rollers and a contra and all that transmission goodies.
I ordered a stage 6 intake and slapped it on. The boot was too small so I made it fit.
I sent my corsa to 1man8scoots for a street port.

My only thing left to order is the Polini race pipe and maybe if I feel up to it the correct carb adapter.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Nice progress, Jumps. cant wait to see some youtube vids of you ripping around when its done. :popcorn:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.