Spree or Die

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Re: Spree or Die

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

So Ive been riding the spree I purchased(85) everyday for at least 45 minutes around my neighborhood. Everything seems to ok the breaks are fair, tires holding up. Im pretty pleased with it purchase wise.

There is a huge difference after letting it warm up for minutes or so, instead of just starting it up and taking off. I know this is true of most cars,bikes etc... but a huge difference in the nq50 engine.

I want to also thank all the fellow members who provided all the kinds words and advice. I kept me going when things were not so easy going.

Im learning alot about the Nq50 and the spree in general. Im gaining alot more respect for these little guys. I mean how can you ride one & not smile. So much fun to ride.

Hopefully coming soon funds permitting BBK kit, polini carb, taz gear set ,intake, exhaust, all that jazz
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Just tuned the carb and put in a fresh plug last night. Runing like a champ. Im sure my neighbors love me :peace:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

SpreeorDie85 wrote:Hopefully coming soon funds permitting BBK kit, polini carb, taz gear set ,intake, exhaust, all that jazz
Find yourself an Elite motor to swap into it. Sell the Spree motor.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Meatball wrote:
SpreeorDie85 wrote:Hopefully coming soon funds permitting BBK kit, polini carb, taz gear set ,intake, exhaust, all that jazz
Find yourself an Elite motor to swap into it. Sell the Spree motor.

I did a quick search and could not find a swap guide for the spree. Ive done several engine swaps in various 90's honda's crx,civics etc.., so Im not scared just was looking for a swap list. For example in my civic, I need an engine mount from this year, or a axle from this model kind of thing. Hope that makes sense.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

stay clear of cheap taiwan parts dude ! If you want swap the motor. The spree motor you cannot squeeze much out of and its not cost effective. Swap in a AF16 engine ! Buuut if you live around a place where they sell lots of scooters find a nice elite part it out on here break even and you got yourself a af16 for 1/4 of the price of a af16 online for sale that you NEVER get to hear it run. Thats what i did and i got a almost new af16 for 150$ with everything on it !!!
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Ive been looking on ebay that have some honda scooters straight from japan land. Im kinda partial to jdm engines because I used to work at jdm engine importer.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Rained on my free time all day on Sunday. Didn't get to ride the spree all weekend :cry:
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

BBK on the way!!!!
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

I dont know if any one cares lol....but Ive made up my mind. The 85 spree will be the dio swap candidate :peace: drag bike & the 86 will be like a Spree nq50 resto mod. Im really lucky to have 2 Spree's & even more lucky that my gf like to ride as well.
Xxbeejay45xx
Elite
Elite

Post by Xxbeejay45xx »

Spree with af16e is the best option to go faster on a spree. Nothing else will make it go 55-65mph
95 Elite SR af16e
72cc Polini Corsa
28 Oko Carb 58/144
Ported intake
ZX Trans
Polini vari, clutch, springs
5.5 rollers
Malossi crank , CDI
Genuine Arrow pipe
Front and Rear disc brakes
Dio Live headset
Stretch and fatty rear wheel
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Its funny how just like civics and integras you swap the spree engine out for a AF16. I got a few more dollars to Aquire before I buy the dio swap if it doesnt get sold by then.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

***Update***

I have not got a chance to install the BBK kit from Taz but I was able to spend some time with the scoot before it rained .

So I did a basic rattle paint job & clean up.

Mitsuba JDM horn I beleave it came off a supra front clip :2thumbs:

Stage6 2 color multimeter I got from Scooterswapshop which btw has extremely fast shipping and I got a scooter swap shop sticker & another random scooter part company.I was very satisfied with my experience.
Super easy install, it tooK less then 30 min to install, route wiring threw body etc.. Its also very satisfying to see my rpm & temp. I really like the fact that you can run the multimeter on a watch battery that is included or you can hard wire it in. For the gauge to be backlit you must have it hard wired in. :rock: I did have to purchase the koso temp rings tho since the nq50 is air cooled and not liquid.

Found the peacock cover in the garage as well as the stock mirrors which Im not crazy about. Got lucky on that one. On a side note mine does not really fit that well and Im scared to ride with it on. Its popped off twice while riding already. My plastics are pretty haggard were the cover is at. The previous owner had all kinds of non honda screws and washers, stuff from home depot which works but I prefer the OEM.

I know do not waste any money performance wise on the nq50 its slow etc..but as a Honda nerd I do enjoy the OEM factor and feel really lucky that I own two sprees and have the chance to do both. Im really getting into the simplicity of the spree and that 2stroke feeling. I find myself wondering further and further away from home on my scoot, I previously just kept to a small radius around my neighborhood.

As previously mentioned I do have another spree that at the moment, funds almost there, that will be receiving an Af16 . Plus my gf is getting jealous of the spree, if I dont get her one up and running soon she will start * and moaning about it.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Looks good!
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

SOLD today for a friend that I met at college for $150.