Benji's metro

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Benji's metro

Post by benji »

Hey guys. Been a while since I've been around here. I got a metro free from a member on 49cc. It's a Honda so I figured I could post the build here. I've been busy w lots of Yamaha projects lately.

Here's a pic. I just lowered the rear. I'm gonna lower the front to match and put ruckus wheels on it.

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Benji's metro

Post by benji »

Picked her up in Vegas. About a 20 hour drive there to get her, had breakfast at the Bellagio, then drove 20 hours back home.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

First thing I did was spray off all the Nevada dust off her. This bikes only got 400-something miles on it. Not sure what's wrong, I've ordered a key/switch and an airbox. I'm about to go buy a battery for her, hopefully itll start up easy.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Sweet ride! Ive gone on crazy scooter adventures but never across state lines...yet. I bet you can get her going with minimal effort unless that pesky Vegas sand has found its way into the crankcase or something. Give her an oil change and coolant. The old oil might give you a clue on condition of internals.

Also, a lot of Met info on totalruckus.com
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Hoping the ECU is good.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

You just love that low-rider look! I like it too! :coolcruise: Benji, the only other help I could give you for this build is from other metro owners who have told me about the bearing on the left? side of the crank, which is pressed on at the factory just before they weld on the outer gear, for the kick starter? And once that bearing needs replacing, you just replace the whole crankshaft. Although, they are not overly expensive. http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts/200 ... embly.html
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Heard about the crankshaft, but they fixed that problem in '06 supposedly, and this one's an '06. And yup, I grew up with lowered cars and trucks being the norm haha.

I sprayed off most of the dust, I'm hoping it doesn't have much more hiding in some crevices. I'm in the parts collection stage. So far I've got an oem airbox and a key/keyswitch on order, a new battery (12v 7ah) and a buddy from another forum is sending me some jets for it. I'm gonna grab some oil and a spark plug and hopefully she'll fire up easily.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

motormike wrote:Hoping the ECU is good.
Ya jinxed me Mike! I actually think it's bad. I'm looking on the Bay for a new one, looks like $150 or so. Also gonna need a fuel pump, cuz this one's missing it's pump.
JBJHillbilly
Noob
Noob

Post by JBJHillbilly »

benji wrote:
motormike wrote:Hoping the ECU is good.
Ya jinxed me Mike! I actually think it's bad. I'm looking on the Bay for a new one, looks like $150 or so. Also gonna need a fuel pump, cuz this one's missing it's pump.
The various Ruckus Facebook classifieds have them for $50-75.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ya, but I'm not on Facebook cuz of the whole Zuckerburg-is-a-reptile-alien thing.

This happened. Lowered it and put on a foam Airfilter. Should make it sound cooler. After I figure out the ecu thing I'm gonna pick up some ruckus wheels for it m
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Here's a pic of my son on my daily rider. Zuma w tpr black, 24mm oko, stage6 pro-rep, 11:1 gears, malossi overrange, front n rear disc, aerox wheels, naked bars, peanut butter seat, etc.

bonesv

Post by bonesv »

benji wrote:Here's a pic of my son on my daily rider. Zuma w tpr black, 24mm oko, stage6 pro-rep, 11:1 gears, malossi overrange, front n rear disc, aerox wheels, naked bars, peanut butter seat, etc.
Looks like 12" wheels too....I'm jelly :love:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

bonesv wrote:
benji wrote:Here's a pic of my son on my daily rider. Zuma w tpr black, 24mm oko, stage6 pro-rep, 11:1 gears, malossi overrange, front n rear disc, aerox wheels, naked bars, peanut butter seat, etc.
Looks like 12" wheels too....I'm jelly :love:
Aerox wheels are "13 actually haha. Tall ones, and it's gotta 140 rear tire. Does around 60 mph, and takes off well. Only problem is it's loud!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Ok, did some stuff to this one. Cleaned the carb and re-drilled the OEM jets to 40/80 and swapped out the airbox for a foam filter and deleted the pair system.

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Foam filter
I also painted all red parts sage green. I'll post pics later.