My 2001 Honda Dio Build

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

robokirby
Noob
Noob

Re: My 2001 Honda Dio Build

Post by robokirby »

Dropped the needle clip one spot leaner to the #2 position and now it's feeling really nice. I also dropped the idle screw back out to stock where the slide is completely seated now. Once it warmed up it was idling just over 2000RPM. The mid range still doesn't feel as quick and responsive as when I had it with the pod filter, but I think it might be the best I'd get with the airbox. Going to run it like this for a few days and get a better idea, might try the 42 pilot jet again.. Good thing is I took it out for about 30 mins and the CHT was really constant always hovering around 100°C.

Also realize I still have 6g sliders in my variator. I see a lot of people running lighter set ups and I have 5g sliders so I might toss those in and see what it's like.
2001 Honda Dio 75cc - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35612
robokirby
Noob
Noob

Post by robokirby »

Definitely see the value in tuning your CVT along with the carb now. Changed out my contra spring to the softer blue 1000rpm one, and and changed my weights to 5g rollers. Now the acceleration is quite smooth all the way through.

As there's still only about 75km on this cylinder I'm not trying to go WOT much, mainly trying to keep it under 8500 RPM for the most part to break it in. As for RPM's is there a max or a point where I should be concerned? WOT it will creep up towards 11k.
2001 Honda Dio 75cc - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35612
NZHonda
Spree
Spree

Post by NZHonda »

This is one clean build. Really like the white and black combo.

How did you get on with tuning? Is the Dio reliable and going well now? What part of the world are you in? Dios like that must be rare in the USA?
Honda AF28 Dio ZX - Malossi 72cc
Honda DJ1R project