Stock dd50, curious, newb builder.

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Solo_dolo
Noob
Noob

Stock dd50, curious, newb builder.

Post by Solo_dolo »

Aloha, from 808.
I have 2013 sym dd50, stock.
What I know about 2t tuning...everything works together, which is why tuning is vital. Other than that. Nada.
That's why I'm here.
I want to learn about wrenching, tuning, a dd50.
I'm not expecting large gains, I want to learn and appreciate a well tuned bike that I had a large hand in.
So I'm looking to build this bike in increments.
Stage 1:
I saw a cheap used v8 pipe.
read jet, clutch and transmission tuning would be necessary for max gains out of the exhaust.
I just thought this would be a cheap way to learn tuning.

Or should I plan for the big picture? If so? What sequence of upgrades should i do in stages while looking at the big picture of my build to minimize wasted money.
I'm on oahu, can a 72cc bbk pass safety?
Thanks. I have many questions and wish I could talk to someone to blast away. Sorry I'm all over the place.
Wheelman-111

Re: Stock dd50, curious, newb builder.

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Not sure what the rules are in Hawai'i for "Safety", but it's unlikely that the inspectors will pull a head to measure piston diameter. Just don't get ticketed for doing 65MPH on a "50cc" scooter, which a well-tuned modified DD is quite capable of achieving. Modding is fun - well for some of us - educational and relatively cheap. Welcome to the madness.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH