honda elite s what typa speeds am supposed to be seeknnn??

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

Illmines
Noob
Noob

honda elite s what typa speeds am supposed to be seeknnn??

Post by Illmines »

i have a Honda elite s with a af18 block,ministroke,keli clutch,variator,28polinicarb,polini corsa with a arrow pipe with 12/34primary,18/42 secondaries what typa speeds am I supposed to be seeknn??? :nervous: would be very appreciated with help/info :thumbsup:
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: honda elite s what typa speeds am supposed to be seeknnn??

Post by Meatball »

Dem speedz yooz be tryna be sein iz bout 65...dat cood be bein a lil bit mo if ur a lightweight dood...or lower if yooz weigh like tree fiddy
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Meatball wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:04 pm Dem speedz yooz be tryna be sein iz bout 65...dat cood be bein a lil bit mo if ur a lightweight dood...or lower if yooz weigh like tree fiddy
Dem geerz mite not work good unless u goin down a big hill🤙🏼Mabe u see um bout 75
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Illmines
Noob
Noob

Post by Illmines »

lmao i weigh like 130esh..bike pulls hard with the 18/42s still but when had stock gears in it would pull the front end up from stand stills but lmao I weigh like 130ishh so decided to throw in more gearnn bike still pulls wheelies with ease plus don’t weigh much hills not bad/no problem unless i stay packn someone and we stop mid uphill... :thumbwink:
Illmines
Noob
Noob

Post by Illmines »

bonesv wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:35 pm
Meatball wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:04 pm Dem speedz yooz be tryna be sein iz bout 65...dat cood be bein a lil bit mo if ur a lightweight dood...or lower if yooz weigh like tree fiddy
Dem geerz mite not work good unless u goin down a big hill🤙🏼Mabe u see um bout 75
What would be the ideal setup for the gears?? and lmao dead * sounds like y’all from the islands too💯
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

If my math is correct, your ratio is at 6.6:1. Way too tall unless your rollers are featherlight. In this case, it will revv to the moon and still never open the variator to shift for higher speeds. Slap in some heavier rollers and your acceleration takes a huge dump. Bottom line: the gears are simply too tall. I’ve tried all ratio’s from 6 to 12 and currently have 8:2, 9:1 and 10:1 in my 3 Corsa-powered AF16’s. I prefer the 9:1 on the bolt-on Corsa build and the 8:2 for the mini-stroke/fully ported one. Both with a mixture of 5g-5.5g roller weights.

Id say put the stock 12/42 primaries back in, keep the 18/42 secondaries, use 5g rollers and run it.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.