Build Ideas af16

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

ctierney7
Noob
Noob

Build Ideas af16

Post by ctierney7 »

I am new to the scooter scene and Im looking for the best 72cc setup including the Malossi MHR rep cylinder. Im looking for 60+ and seeing what you guys think i should pick up
bonesv

Re: Build Ideas af16

Post by bonesv »

ctierney7 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:05 pm I am new to the scooter scene and Im looking for the best 72cc setup including the Malossi MHR rep cylinder. Im looking for 60+ and seeing what you guys think i should pick up
You can achieve that 60 mph+ without an MHR rep kit. The MHR is an aluminum bore which was only designed for fairly short-term racing applications IMO
The Polini Corsa is a 72cc cylinder and a much hardier, cast iron kit that has all the performance you seek but has almost none of the pitfalls of the Malossi MHR kit.
Do some reading up on builds and you will see what I'm saying. There are some real hazards to a newbie builder so ask for advice all you want. Real experience will almost always be the cost/time saver. So I suggest you start with a simple kit and learn how to tune, what to watch for, how to select performance parts that match well with your kits' abilities, and how to make the most for less before you go out and spend the big bucks.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
ctierney7
Noob
Noob

Post by ctierney7 »

Okay. Ive been racing dirtbikes and snowmobiles all my life and building/tinkering etc. In my case its not so much lacking the ability to build or tune as it is knowing what parts to get. Thanks for the help!
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Corsa, Polini 24mm PWK and Stage6 pod filter, Naraku Intake, Arrow Exhaust, 9.1 gears, ZX Trans and Polini ZX belt, Polini for Ruckus Variator, Stage6 MK2 clutch and any bell thats worth a darn.

Toss in a roller tuning kit, pilot and main jet kits, boss shim kit and a belt cover spacer and youre good. Are you broke yet?

Might wanna invest in reeeal good helmet and update your life insurance policy after all this. Gonna be a ripper.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
ctierney7
Noob
Noob

Post by ctierney7 »

What size main and pilot jets and would a tecnigas next r be better than arrow. Im trying to save as much money as i can lmao
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Exhaust is what unlocks the power of all the other parts. I ran an Arrow for thousands of miles, swapped around on 3 different bikes before it finally broke. At the time, they were sold out everywhere so I went to trying any other ones I could find. After trying 4 different exhausts (not the technigas) I found that NONE of them had the punch the Arrow had. They came back in stock and I couldnt buy one fast enough.

Look, if youre gonna put all of the highest quality race parts on your scoot...it would be an absolute sin to top it off with a bargain basement exhaust that hinders performance. The Corsa is a fire breathing dragon of a bore...the technigas would give it asthma.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.