rotor kit help

This is the place to discuss your build with other builders and solicit feedback and help with parts of your build: engine, body work, bolt ons, etc.

Moderator: Moderator

HI808SYM
Goped
Goped

rotor kit help

Post by HI808SYM »

aloha i recently installed a TWH rotor kit on my sym dd50.

stock carb/manifold
ruima 44 ministroke crank
8.74 gears
sito plus exhaust

was expecting more out of it i guess.

bike was already running good so just bolted on rotor kit to see if it would give me even better performance.

can feel the engine rev up alittle faster but no more rev on top end and my vapor gauge no longer wants to work properly.

vapor reads fine till 6000rpm then suddenly jumps to 14k-16k rpm but motor is not turning anywhere near that rpm. it actully sounds like same top end rpm as stock rotor.

i know max rpm is dependant on cylinder porting and airflow but i figured the rotor kit would squeeze a little more top end rpm out.

I did not retune after installing the kit that may be why full potential is not being seen.

just sucks how they advertise the inner rotor kit to be a bolt on night and day differece for the bike.

anyone else running inner rotor kit? any secrets to unlock its potential

thanks people
bonesv

Re: rotor kit help

Post by bonesv »

The rotor kit is to lighten the weight mass to get the rev's up quicker. It does not give more top end. It will only help take off rpms increas quicker. It's a lot of money for small result and I find the kit I use is worth it but may get the best result from a larger cc motor.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861